What's new

Air logic or Air shammee

David Rolf

Reaction score
We love our air shammee installation. Ours is the 3-phase units in the bay. Yesterday, when I was at the wash, a lady told me it wasn't working. I asked her to demonstrate why. She just pulled the nozzle out of the holder and said see no air... I politely showed her you needed to turn the switch to the air dryer. Her face was priceless. It never ends....

Reaction score
We love our air shammee installation. Ours is the 3-phase units in the bay. Yesterday, when I was at the wash, a lady told me it wasn't working. I asked her to demonstrate why. She just pulled the nozzle out of the holder and said see no air... I politely showed her you needed to turn the switch to the air dryer. Her face was priceless. It never ends....
Lol that's typical for me as well. We have people say that they put dollars in our change machine and it doesn't ever give them change. So when I tell them they are putting money in the dog wash machine instead of the quarter machine I get that same facial expression 🤣

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Thank you, mine are Attic mounts. I went with air logics mainly because the nozzles. They will be delivered next week to my wash
Is Air Logic still a 3-motor system or do they now offer a single motor option? I installed Diskin's Air Shammee II just because they came out with single motor 4.5 HP. The less time I spend on a ladder replacing motors, the longer I'm going to live! :) I prefer Air Logics nozzle & started using them 6 months ago.

Reaction score
The ones I ordered was a 3 motor, I'm not positive if they had another option or not. I'm excited to see how they do. I've never ran across a car wash that has them to try

MEP001

Reaction score
So when I tell them they are putting money in the dog wash machine instead of the quarter machine I get that same facial expression 🤣
I've had people put money in the auto cashier and instead of pressing refund to get quarters, sometimes they select a wash, then they stand there staring at the cashier or go back to the SS bay and stare at the meter wondering why it doesn't come on. At least two people, when I asked why they pressed a wash selection, said "That's how much I wanted to spend."

Etowah
Reaction score
I've had people put money in the auto cashier and instead of pressing refund to get quarters, sometimes they select a wash, then they stand there staring at the cashier or go back to the SS bay and stare at the meter wondering why it doesn't come on. At least two people, when I asked why they pressed a wash selection, said "That's how much I wanted to spend."
😂 😆

Reaction score
I'm at my car wash most days & haven't noticed that problem. Probably depends on the area & demographics. Most customers use on their glass, grill & rims. Works great to dry wet mats & blow out crumbs, where the vacuum claws can't reach.
Kimberly, did you install a swivel cuff at the hand nozzle? It seems kinda awkward to hold was wondering if this would be a problem before I order them. We just installed our 6 this week.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Kimberly, did you install a swivel cuff at the hand nozzle? It seems kinda awkward to hold was wondering if this would be a problem before I order them. We just installed our 6 this week.
No there's no room to add a swivel cuff to the existing Air Logic nozzle. Sometimes the hose does get twisted, but most customers untangle it as they use it. Here is our custom nozzle holder. Had my welder add to a SS back plate, so we could reuse the same bolts from Diskins box holder.

Attachments

Reaction score
No there's no room to add a swivel cuff to the existing Air Logic nozzle. Sometimes the hose does get twisted, but most customers untangle it as they use it. Here is our custom nozzle holder. Had my welder add to a SS back plate, so we could reuse the same bolts from Diskins box holder.
Ok yes that definitely looks easier for use of the customer, I was thinking about taking the one at the nozzle off and replacing it with the swivel style.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Ok yes that definitely looks easier for use of the customer, I was thinking about taking the one at the nozzle off and replacing it with the swivel style.
The Diskin nozzles use the nut swivel inside the cuff & its difficult to replace a worn hose (at the cuff). It kept unscrewing, so we would use Marine JB Weld to prevent it from unscrewing from the nut. Its also very difficult to push the nut swivel into the vacuum cuff. I prefer the Air Logic cuff & just use a long bolt & Acorn nut to hold it on.

Attachments

Mattwash

Reaction score
Depends on the dryer brand & model you buy, and width of your bays. If it's an Air Logic or older Air Shamee with 3 motors, you'll be getting on the roof more to replace the motors. I purchased the Air Shammee II with single 4.5 hp motor & very happy we mounted on the bay wall.
Kimberly, I know this is an old post but I just installed the Air-Shammee 2. Implemented a lot of the suggestions you recommended but noticed a problem over the weekend. Have you had the vacuum cuffs coming detached from each other at the boom? Looking at my video the customer had 5-6’ of hose on his chest and he was pulling the hose from the boom when he pulled the cuff apart. Didn’t know if someone made something that was of higher quality and swiveled.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Kimberly, I know this is an old post but I just installed the Air-Shammee 2. Implemented a lot of the suggestions you recommended but noticed a problem over the weekend. Have you had the vacuum cuffs coming detached from each other at the boom? Looking at my video the customer had 5-6’ of hose on his chest and he was pulling the hose from the boom when he pulled the cuff apart. Didn’t know if someone made something that was of higher quality and swiveled.
Hi Mattwash,
We added 4 self-tapping screws to attach the hose to the cuff at the end of the boom. See photo... What cuffs are you using? We use a 1-piece gray rubber vacuum cuff from Kleen-Rite (Item #VAA-5). Air Logic now sells a swivel-style Dryer Nozzle. Kleen-Rite sells (Item # AD2000-S). Please upload a photo or video of the problem you're having so I can offer more help.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mattwash

Reaction score
Hi Mattwash,
We added 4 self-tapping screws to attach the hose to the cuff at the end of the boom. See photo... What cuffs are you using? We use a 1-piece gray rubber vacuum cuff from Kleen-Rite (Item #VAA-5). Air Logic now sells a swivel-style Dryer Hose. Kleen-Rite sells (Item # AD2000-S). Please upload a photo or video of the problem you're having so I can offer more help.
Here is the swivel cuff I was using.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Here is the swivel cuff I was using.
LOL! That is definitely the WRONG cuff to be using! We tried it too, because it was a "swivel", but it's made of 2 pieces and pulls apart easily when the hose gets warm from the motor. Replace it with 1 piece cuff (Item # VAA-5). The narrow end is a "slip" and the wider end is threaded. I don't know if it comes in black.

Attachments

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Though we've improved Diskin's system, I keep thinking of ways to improve it, but I think we've done it. When you're dealing with a lightweight plastic vacuum hose and rubber cuffs, the quality is only so good. If you use the heavier heat-resistant vacuum hose, the customer's won't like it. We added a heavy-duty metal hose clamp (from Napa Auto Parts), to secure the cuff to the end of the boom. The setup is only as strong as the weakest link. I would rather have the dryer/vacuum hose give way and unravel from the cuff on the boom, than have the heavy metal hose clamp fall onto a customer's car! 😖

Last edited:

Mattwash

Reaction score
LOL! That is definitely the WRONG cuff to be using! We tried it too, because it was a "swivel", but it's made of 2 pieces and pulls apart easily when the hose gets warm from the motor. Replace it with 1 piece cuff (Item # VAA-5). The narrow end is a "slip" and the wider end is threaded. I don't know if it comes in black.
Haha I’ll order the one with the slip cuff. I had bought some 2” 90 elbows off Amazon and heavy duty clamps for them. Also used self tapping screws and stronger hose clamps that I used for the tubing but the swivel was my weak link. Thanks again!

Mattwash

Reaction score
Please see links below. I went back and used Gorilla tape to seal between the clamp and 90. Also used self tapping screws to prevent the 90 from slipping off. After doing this, I agree with @Kimberly Berg the boom could use some length. I will prob get 3’ of stainless exhaust and have a 90 bent at a muffler shop, then weld it onto the boom. Additionally, I ordered new cuffs to replace the swivel ones I used. Lesson learned!!

Also included a pic of the mount I made for each Motor.

Stainless 2" 90° Mandrel Bend Elbow - 16GA/.065" Wall - 1.5" Leg - SS304 Elbow Stainless Steel Exhaust Bend Pipe Exhaust Piping for Car Exhaust Pipe Modified, Stair Handrail, etc - ATOTL https://a.co/d/dBY2BsM

EVIL ENERGY 2.0 Inch Exhaust Clamp,Butt Joint Band Clamp Sleeve Coupler Stainless Steel 2PCS https://a.co/d/284XdX4
IMG_0233.png IMG_0232.jpeg IMG_6500.jpeg IMG_6490.jpeg

Attachments

Etowah