What's new

Air Logic AirDry vs AirShamee

Roz

Reaction score
About to install hand dryers in a wash I am updating. We used AirShamee in our first wash, which are fine and get the job done. Only issue is that fixing the hose to the motors when it comes out of the clamp now & then is a pain since motors are in the attic. Has anyone used the Air Logic AirDry system? We like their LP systems which we use so thinking of using their AirDry system. Any feedback on the system? Thanks.

KleanRide

Reaction score
I installed one in March as a test unit and I’m about to buy more for the rest of my bays. Zero problems and the customer usage continues to climb. The only modification I made was running a Carriage bolt through the handle cuff and hose and securing it with a lock nut. Handle kept spinning off as folks walked the hose around the car.

Reactions: Roz

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have the Diskin. To keep the hoe attached because it gets hot and soft in warm weather I clamp a Vac Cuff to the boom, then the Hose goes in the cuff and I gorrilla tape the cuff swivel which otherwise comes apart (never had that happen on a Vacuum) when it's hot and Gorilla tape the hose to the Cuff. Stays together.

Bandit

Reaction score
Had a couple Air Logic nozzles stolen, is anyone using cheaper alternative to the air nozzle replacement from these companies?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I used a 2” vac adapter with a vac nozzle until I got a new Air Logic nozzle.
To my surprise my customers loved it

Roz

Reaction score
I used a 2” vac adapter with a vac nozzle until I got a new Air Logic nozzle.
To my surprise my customers loved it
Any ideas for locking a vacuum hose to the JE Adams container? We use small flat screws in the vac handles to keep them attached to the hose - they work well. Looking for a similar solution where the hose attaches to the container. The inside of the JE Adams vacs has a 3" metal sleeve so more challenging. Unfortunately the hose cannot extend (inside the can) past the sleeve.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
If your using a 2”hose I would attach a 2“ cuff to the hose once you install the hose into the vac.
Many years ago I use to wrap the hose with gray tape once it was inside the vac. Not pretty but it worked.

Roz

Reaction score
If your using a 2”hose I would attach a 2“ cuff to the hose once you install the hose into the vac.
Many years ago I use to wrap the hose with gray tape once it was inside the vac. Not pretty but it worked.
I like the creative approach. Unfortunately the portion inside the vac can is a metal 3" sleeve and hose is not able to go beyond that sleeve. Must be a new design to the vacs which are only two years old.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
You might try using several layers of grey tape on the vac hose end that you will install into the vac sleeve.
Layer it enough so it’s hard to twist it into the sleeve. It will be tough but you can still be able to remove the hose.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
For those of you using duct tape on your blower cuffs- I've started using the silicone "rescue tape". I used to not like it, but now that I understand it better it I like to use it as a hose wrap on blower cuffs. You need to apply a wrap of adhesive tape over it until it bonds to itself. After it bonds to itself you can remove the overlayer of adhesive tape. The silicone tape leaves no gummy residue to deal with as it breaks down. You just have to occasionally trim the pieces with a pair of scissors. There are two different types of silicone tape- the most common can take 24 hours to bond, another only takes an hour. I've been using the F4 tape brand with pretty good results. It also works pretty well as a hose wrap on fragrance or shampoo hoses that are starting to crack and break down. I also use it on weak spots in large dryer SO cord on onboard dryers when the insulation starts to crack open.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Greg, sounds way to complicated for me. Gorilla tape - one wrap and done.