What's new

Air Lift XRS Door Operator Issue

Etowah

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I have an Airlift XRS door operator running a polycarbonate door which is giving me some trouble. The door operates normally 90% of the time, however, it will occasionally stop at the same position when it is closing. The door will come down about one door panel length and then stop? If you watch the VFD it appears to run normal. It is NOT getting a down limit input because I have my automatic tied into the limits which is how I know the door is failing to close. When this happens, if you press the down button or the up button the door runs fine? I thought maybe there is an amperage overload or something that the VFD is sensing but the display doesn't doesn't indicate anything and the door doesn't seem to bind. Any suggestions?

sparkey

Reaction score
If yours has the same powerflex 4 drives that mine has, It will show a fault if the drive gets an overcurrent or any other fault. The drive will also show the run command which is probably what you are losing. Are you sure there is not something hanging on your door that is tripping your photoeyes briefly?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Ours do not use the Powerflex drives. We also don’t have any eyes connected to the operator as we’re only using the eyes from our Petit.

I tried calling Airlift yesterday, but they had already closed for the day.

IMG_9166.jpeg

Rudy

Reaction score
I have Wyndstar, not Airlift doors. However, I get a similar behavior when something gets stuck on the door, such as a large leaf. The closing door triggers (and leaf) blocks one of the two photocell beams. The door doesn't like this! Sometimes it reverses, sometimes it stops.

Your comment that it occurs a "panel width" above the ground tells me that it's photocell related.

Check to make sure nothing is causing a disruption to the safety beam/beams.

Even a weak photocell transmitter or receiver can cause issues.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
We’re running a poly carbonate door, not a vinyl roll up. The door will come down about 2’ or one panel. It’s 100% not photoeye related as we’re only using the entrance eyes of our automatic which are not connected to the XRS operator.

I tried calling Airlift several times this morning during their business hours and no answer?

Rudy

Reaction score
I understand that your doors are poly and not roll up. Your issue sounds like it's related to the operator...of course, unless the rigid door is binding or catching somehow.

How does your system NOT have a safety eye on the exit?

Heaven forbid somebody (a child) step in front of a closing door.....

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I talked to a tech at Airlift, very helpful. They are aware of a very random issue with some of the relays in some of the control units. He’s sending me two relays that have a diode in them that solves the issue. I’ll report back if they don’t.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Rudy, we have door eyes. They just aren’t connected directly to the operator. The eyes are connected to our automatic and the automatic’s door control logic would send a signal to the door operator. If the automatics eyes were blocked the door would stop closing and then open, not just stop randomly down 2’.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Just an update. The relay Airlift sent me seems to have worked and fixed the issue. Haven't had the door fail to close since installing it early last week.