What's new

Air Injection

washtubman

Reaction score
Why won't a hydrominder eductor work with air to draw liguid into an air line? I want to inject a small amount of anti freeze into my air weep line on my IBA. Instead of drawing, it blows back through the tip. I knew that would be too simple..............

Rudy

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with the viscosity of the fluids. I'd bet that if you ran water through the eductor (instead of the other way around like you are trying to do), it would suck in the air??? Maybe not, but that's my guess.

MEP001

Reaction score
Rudy said:
I'd bet that if you ran water through the eductor (instead of the other way around like you are trying to do), it would suck in the air???
It will, but you won't be injecting a small amount of liquid into the air. It will be mostly liquid with a very small amount of air, and that's only if there's no restriction on the outlet of the eductor. You're probably going to have to pump the antifreeze into the line along with the air.

You might try a tool oiler, but I don't know how that will work or react with antifreeze. They're usually made from materials that will corrode from water-based liquids.