What's new

Air in system

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
About 4 weeks ago we had a water emergency in our community. Some lines were actually emty. We closed the washes for a few days and all was ok after about 4 days. Everything is still OK at the washes but at our home we are still getting alot of air in the water. When the hot water is turned on it spits and sputters a few seconds before it clears up and the cold water is very cloudy and takes a few minutes to clear up. The City has flushed the hydrant atleast twice that is next to our property. The City line is at the higher end of town. We are the only home on this dead end. They said they have flushed all the hydrants that are in higher areas. After the most recent flushing they have basicly said that this is all they can do...........I believe they need to flush ALL the hydrants not just one. They are saying we are the only ones with the problem which is not true. It is apparent at some point they are going to tell me that it is in MY lines, not theirs. Any ideas.

bbealing

Reaction score
It problem could be in your internal system. Check for static water pressure valueat closet gauge near water meter. If water heater has expansion tank installed, find the tank's air valve and release a very SMALL amount of air pressure. If any water comes out of air valve, your expansion tank bladder has leak. If no leaks, shut off water system, relieve system pressures (drain system down) and check expansion tank pressure. It should be close to incoming water pressure.