What's new

Air Dryer handles flying around

Rudy

Reaction score
I have the Air Shamee 3 motor in bay dryers. The trigger style nozzles were leaky, and cheaply made. I switched to the Air Logic handles and my usage has gone WAY up. Customers think that I've added air pressure. The new handles are a money maker.

The problem?

The increased nozzle pressure can sometimes cause the handle to "fly" out of the holder.

I can't seem to come up with a good solution.

Any ideas?

OurTown

Reaction score
I have the Air Shamee 3 motor in bay dryers. The trigger style nozzles were leaky, and cheaply made. I switched to the Air Logic handles and my usage has gone WAY up. Customers think that I've added air pressure. The new handles are a money maker.

The problem?

The increased nozzle pressure can sometimes cause the handle to "fly" out of the holder.

Any ideas?

Are you using the original Diskin rectangular holder? We use the short Hamel wand holder and has not been an issue since switching over.

Rudy

Reaction score
Yes, I'm using the original rectangular Diskin holder.

I was wondering about installing a 2" pvc pipe diagonally inside the Diskin holder.

If you say the Hamel holder works, and it's 2.25" ID....maybe the pvc pipe would also work???

CarWashBoy

Reaction score

The problem?

Any ideas?
I cut a 6 inch piece of 1-1/2 inch vac hose and stuck on barrel of Air Logic and problem solved.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
We also use the 6" Hamel wand holders on our Diskin dryers. I had a machine shop weld them to a stainless steel plate, so we could use the original holes as the Diskin boxes. Upgraded the signage too, to warn customers of "strong air speed". The Air Logic nozzles are a HUGE improvement!! :D

Attachments

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
We also use the 6" Hamel wand holders on our Diskin dryers. I had a machine shop weld them to a stainless steel plate, so we could use the original holes as the Diskin boxes. Upgraded the signage too, to warn customers of "strong air speed". The Air Logic nozzles are a HUGE improvement!! :D
Nice, Looks Awesome!

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score

Keno

Reaction score
The first day we installed the Air Logic nozzles they stole 3 of them since then we have been using these with a custom holder we made for them.

$4 VS $114 and they work great.
Wow, great idea using a vacuum nozzle! 👏 I'd love to see a photo of your custom holder.
Great Idea! Also, interested in the holder, we are planning to add dryers soon that we are going to make ourselves with off the shelf parts to save some money

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Another reason to get away from the diskin dryers nozzles is the excessive amps placed on the motors when the trigger isn't pulled. It is significantly higher than what the motor is rated for which can't be good for it in the longer term.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Another reason to get away from the diskin dryers nozzles is the excessive amps placed on the motors when the trigger isn't pulled. It is significantly higher than what the motor is rated for which can't be good for it in the longer term.
Since we installed the Air Logic nozzles Air Dryer use has zoomed way way up!

OurTown

Reaction score

Have you experienced this? I'm just about for sure I checked ours and the highest draw I measured was without any nozzle at all. Blowers are funny like that.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with the Diskin Dryers is their 1 motor generated a powerful 4.5 HP, but their nozzle had a baffle that impeded the air flow! The back pressure it created was causing the short hose (between the boom and the motor) to either split or blow off. I'm no engineer, but I quickly realized the problem was THEIR nozzle!! My customers either complained that they were unimpressed with the air flow, tired of holding the trigger handle, or the short hose was blowing off. Quick and easy fix - Replace with the AIR LOGIC nozzle! Your customers will thank you and it will save your sanity! 🤪

Attachments

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Shouldn't it be lower without the airflow, or is that just with vacuum?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
My biggest complaint with the Diskin Dryers is their 1 motor generated a powerful 4.5 HP, but their nozzle had a baffle that impeded the air flow! The back pressure it created was causing the short hose (between the boom and the motor) to either split or blow off.
HAd the same issue. Had to make sure I used a heavier hose to solve issue.

Carwashmafia

Reaction score
I designed the holder to be installed and pointed at that angle so that when it is turned on it locks the nozzle in place and will not blow out. It took some trial and error with the size but have had them installed like this now for 2 years with zero issues.

People will return them to the holder while the blower is still running, the other ones they would just leave on the floor a lot of the time.