What's new

After the thrill is gone...

mac

Reaction score
I wish there were some way to make this thread mandatory reading for everyone thinking of buying an automatic. As you can see, these are not automatic money makers. Here in FL I can show you new machines that are lucky to wash 20 cars per week. Yes, you read that number correctly. While they can generate 3 to 5 times what a self serve bay will do, they will require 3 to 5 times the attention that a bay does also. Be very careful when the salesman's lips start to move.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think what this thread proves is that the business model for an IBA must be thoroughly researched prior to construction and financing.

Location, competition, and lot egress are all critical, as is visibility, speed limit and added profit centers on the lot.

One must give serious weight to machine cost, distributor support and listen to referrals from operators running that same machine.

I personally couldn't be much happier with my little IBA and my distributor. I'm in the Northeast and offer the added profit center of detailing. I'm the expert in my market and have been established for 13 years and will soon add an additional, top-secret profit center to my site. Ooooooo!