What's new

Advice on Replacing my Automatic

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
My Ryko softgloss was 16 years old and was struck and knocked off the rails by an SUV. I am currently working with my insurance company hopefully for a replacement. Ryko's closet service tech is 1.5 hours away. My local guy sells Belanger. Thinking maybe the "Cube" or sticking with the Softgloss maxx. Or maybe go touchless; if so then maybe the Radius or Belangers two arm Kondor. My local guy would be better for service all around but anyone have experience with Bellinger? My Ryko quote was Close to $175K. Most of all, I want something that's going to give me another 15 years of service, with little issues even if I have to spend more money. Any advice or suggestions well received. Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

Ryko CS

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of the vehicle strike, but great to hear of one that had been working hard through 16 years!

JCM

Reaction score
Will a Cube fit in your small bay? With a big tunnel around the corner I think I would think about going touchless. From what I know we have not had near the issues from our kondor as they have had with the cube. The cube is a first generation machine, I think they are still working out some of the bugs. FWIW JMHO.

cooll903

Reaction score
i have the 2 arm saber and im happy with it other than the dryer motors being in the carriage. i would go with the kondor from Belanger and you can have a stand alone dryer. their tech support has been a god send for me. i once had a issue and christian stayed on the phone with me for almost 2 hours to gt it figured out.

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
Will a Cube fit in your small bay? With a big tunnel around the corner I think I would think about going touchless. From what I know we have not had near the issues from our kondor as they have had with the cube. The cube is a first generation machine, I think they are still working out some of the bugs. FWIW JMHO.
Thanks that some good advice

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
i have the 2 arm saber and im happy with it other than the dryer motors being in the carriage. i would go with the kondor from Belanger and you can have a stand alone dryer. their tech support has been a god send for me. i once had a issue and christian stayed on the phone with me for almost 2 hours to gt it figured out.
That's good to know - my local guy is really good and he installs the Belanger equipment.

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
Yes - the Kondor seems to have been around for awhile. Do you have any idea how much more it costs to run a Touchless over a Friction system? thinking more water and chemicals.

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
It will fit but its tight.

cooll903

Reaction score
Yes - the Kondor seems to have been around for awhile. Do you have any idea how much more it costs to run a Touchless over a Friction system? thinking more water and chemicals.
im not sure as i have never ran a friction machine i do know that my 55 gal drums of soap lasts a long time. i assume you might use more chem and you sill use more water just add a tank that catches your RO waste water and use it to dump in your main tank for rinse water to save some.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Christ all mighty that's insane! Let me guess his foot got stuck on the accelerator even going backwards too it looks like.

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
Christ all mighty that's insane! Let me guess his foot got stuck on the accelerator even going backwards too it looks like.
Yea right - he was clearly on something, he ran into one of my poles by the Vac before this happened. It turned out to be a stolen vehicle. Its painful to watch!

Gilmore Wash

Reaction score
Thanks for the input

Etowah