What's new

Advice on Razor Settings

Roz

Reaction score
All excellent points. For Razor owners, what speed are you guys running your pre soaks at? The manual recommends 90, but I have tried 75 and 80 with no improvement. No point in slowing it down if it's not helping.
I think 90 for chemical application is fine. We apply chemicals at a 8 or 9. We slow down the HP Rinse to a 3 (our Razor is a version 3 system so -2 to 9 is our scale). When we work the paystation greeting and helping customers (pre-CV19) we always recommend that they fold their mirror in so they get a tighter wash (and most thank us for the recommendation). Allows us to explain how the Razor sizes up the car size which people find "cool."

slash007

Reaction score
Below are 2 different cars after the 2nd presoak applied. What do you think? Seems a little light to me. Should I up the air? If you look at the car, notice how the door has less coverage. That's the main area it's not cleaning well.

20200327_145228.jpg 20200327_151051.jpg

washnshine

Reaction score
I am a huge JBS fan, but sometimes a certain product won’t work for a particular wash. You can keep your tri foam, sealer, rain repel, wax with them and just try another presoak. For a touchless IBA, that presoak is the money chemical and makes or breaks the wash. You might have to go elsewhere just for that if you exhaust everything else.

MEP001

Reaction score
Below are 2 different cars after the 2nd presoak applied. What do you think? Seems a little light to me. Should I up the air? If you look at the car, notice how the door has less coverage. That's the main area it's not cleaning well.
That seems like a "fill time" issue. Is that adjustable?

carwashireland

Reaction score
If anything you may have too much air, see the gaps where the soap has not filled. Each gap means the soap is not doing its job.

slash007

Reaction score
Hmm. JBS is telling me to set the air as high as possible without sputtering. What is the fill time exactly? I assume it is adjustable.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know if there's official terminology, but in Belanger's Vector menu it's called purge time and fill time, which allowed you to blow the chemical out onto the car and time the start of the next "fill" cycle so as the arms start moving as the chemical has just begun spraying.

You want to be careful not to add too much air. If you don't have bay doors to block the wind, the chems have to be pretty wet or a breeze will just blow it away. It looks pretty good in your picture above, but I would have needed a much wetter application to get anything clean - there would have been much more on the ground.

washnshine

Reaction score
Jbs probably told you to use more air so it would cling and stick better and not run down. But if it spitters or of you have a breeze, that can blow it away from the car. There is a fine line, but I would think 2 passes would cover things pretty well.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Is it only on the right side of the vehicle or both sides? I have a Gen 4 Razor at my other site and I can help you with the settings if needed.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's the same on both sides, but I'll confirm. Help with settings would be awesome.

There is a purge/fill time in the settings as well.

Thanks.

Rfarm

Reaction score
I ran jbs compas on our razor worked great at first then conditions changed. We checked and tweeked everything and could not get the film off. Went back to powder. It works great again

Rfarm

Reaction score
Correct/Mc liquid/foam additive mixed together. We run 2 passes of it.
This works well me me and it’s reasonable