What's new

Advice on purchasing rear load vendor?

richard

SS,IBA,Tunnel,Detail
Reaction score
Please give me some input on rear load vending machines. Good or bad. I would like to purchase one right away. On a separate note, I have tried three times to get info from Ginsan on their machine, and nobody ever calls me back. As far as I am concerned, three strikes and you're out! I would like to hear about support issues with these machines, if you guys have any. Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
I've only heard about SureVend from this forum, but everything I've heard about the machines and the customer support has been very good. I've heard plenty bad about GinSan and KleenVend (rebadged Ginsan) machines.

DavidMD5

Reaction score
I have a friend that had a surevend, and crooks just love to go to town on those, over the past 6 years it has been mangled so bad he had to remove it. he now has several of the single laurel vending machines, for 3k or 4K, you could get 10 of them, anyway thats my 2cents worth. hope it helps:D

Randy

Reaction score
I?ve sold a number of the rear load Shur-vend vendors and I think they are the best that you can buy, excellent product and great customer service. Make sure you get the Mars bill validator with a security cover and a Mars coin changer. I wish I had room to install one at my wash, I?d have to move the breaker panel and meter base.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I looked at the Shurvend rear loader and quickly sized up I did not have the room in my equipment room to accomodate opening the back of it. I ordered the front load and that one worked out fine.

bneckrock

Bill Neckrock
Reaction score
I've only heard about SureVend from this forum, but everything I've heard about the machines and the customer support has been very good. I've heard plenty bad about GinSan and KleenVend (rebadged Ginsan) machines.
I have had the IVS "Vend-IT" rear load vendor for four years. It is the precursor to the Ginsan. (I think GinSan bought out IVS.) Anyway, I have it with the Mars acceptor and the Coinco dispenser and honestly haven't had a problem. I looked at the GinSan at the last MCA show and it looks like they made some improvements, but I can't tell you if they work.

I love the rear load. It doesn't need the radius that the ShurVend needs and fits in my equipment room, nicely. I have heard nothing but good things about support from ShurVend.

I'd wait until the ICA and visit with GinSan and ShurVend before I made the decision. As I remember, I paid over $4,000 for the Vend-IT. It's worth doing the due-diligence. Good luck!

soapy

Reaction score
It depends on which size of vendor you are talking about. If you want the small version with 15 to 18 items shurevend makes one called the half pint that can be loaded from the rear without the big swivel that the large one requires. On the shurevend you can order thicker lexan that is bullet proof for added security. I have 2 of the large shurevends and have never had them broken into in over 15 years of total use. I also have a couple of dilling and harris small vendors that fit into the wall similar to a half pint from shurevend. I have had a lot of trouble with these smaller DH vendors. I only have them because the shurevend half pint is just about 6 inches too wide for the space I have to put these vendors into. I also like the guaranteed vend of the shurevend vs. the DH vendor that does not have it.

richard

SS,IBA,Tunnel,Detail
Reaction score
I appreciate the input from everybody. I have room for the larger units, but not for the ShurVend on wheels. If only they would make it open from the rear, instead of rolling the entire cabinet out. My other wash has an Industrial Vac. vendor that has been pretty good. It has never been broken into, but occasionally some items don't vend properly. Rarely, but it does happen. I just want to get as much info from other owners before I spend big $$$.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Richard,

You have me confused! Your original post wanted to know about support isuses for a rear load vendor. You were given some opinions. Your last post indicated that you already had a rear load vendor, you couldn't get Gin San to respond, so they are out. Then you have room for a full sized vendor, but not for the ShurVend on wheels. ShurVend does not have a vendor on wheels; the competition does. The ShurVend does rotate on a lazy susan and needs about 6-feet of clearance to service. There is a rear load vendor available so you don't have to move the cabinet, but it still takes almost 6-feet to open the door.

ShurVend also has a rear load small vendor similar to the Vend-It, but much more robust and reliable. There is a vendor for you; you just have to decide what you want.

Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I have a friend that had a surevend, and crooks just love to go to town on those, over the past 6 years it has been mangled so bad he had to remove it. he now has several of the single laurel vending machines, for 3k or 4K, you could get 10 of them, anyway thats my 2cents worth. hope it helps:D
DavidMD5,

There have been posts from time to time on this forum "taking a swipe at the ShurVend products". Richard asked about "support issues" for rear load machines in his post. "Crooks will come" after drop shelves, bay meters, vacs, or ShurVends at any wash 'cause that is where the money is! I don't know who your friend is that had his ShurVend destoyed, but he didn't secure it against crooks like we recommend doing. That is like blaming the car for an accident with another car! An operator's decisions on purchasing equipment will pretty much determine whether he/she has trouble down the road or not.

As you read in the posts above there are many who install ShurVends as we recommend who have had no vandalism or theft whatsoever and have sales volumes that are outstanding.

Don't know why you took a slap at ShurVend, but that's the way it goes. ShurVend has a good reputation and we will challenge any information to the contrary.

Uncle Sam :)

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Well, I can vouch that during this past summer I had extensive problems with my Shurvend half pint. Sorry Jim, but that's just the way it is.

The basic problem is that the thing kept emptying out-- much of the stuff on the shelves would be missing when I went to check on it. My only solution was to keep pulling the money out and putting more product in ..... darn those customers anyway who were buying all the stuff!

If I was going to take a swipe at something it would be towards the guy who sells the things at trade shows. He needs some serious fashion advice!

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Sequoia,

We have heard that complaint before; owners just have to spend so much time refilling the vendor. What a terrible problem!! We have tried to relieve their problem by reminding them that we have not received our percentage of sales for many months now. lol

Fashion advice, huh? I'll have to look into that.

Jim @ ShurVend

Fabman

Reaction score
Customer service personnel at IVS has had a high turnover. So keep trying they will respond. It is a good product.

billintexas

Reaction score
I replaced a worthless D&H with a worth little Ginsan, I'd never buy either of these again.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
I have the D&S electronic 5 column rear load drop vendor. It works great, and am putting one in my new wash also.

MEP001

Reaction score
The D&S unit isn't bad (It uses Laurel drop-shelf parts for the actual vending), but the electronics can be a problem. The relay boards aren't servicable and tend to go out, which is an expensive replacement.

For the cost of a 5-column D&S unit, and with a hole about half the size, you can use something like the "Half-Pint" with many more selections.

Doug P.

Reaction score
I have a DH Vendmaster that had a keypad component go out January 11th. I ordered it the same day and still have not received it. I have called several times and its always going to be in next week. I have had a D&S 5 column for 8 years and havent had a single problem with the electronics. I have had issues with the shelves sticking and not dropping product.

Doug P.

Randy

Reaction score
I believe you can get the control board for the D/H Vendmaster from RPD Vending. I think they make the Vendmaster for D/H. Here's a link to there web site www.rpdvending.com

MudMoney

Reaction score
I have a Vendmaster and it is ok. I would not buy another one. IMO, there is a learning curve with each of these machines. I do have a ten-year-old three column D&S electronic machine and it has given excelent service. It is easy to reload and it has never been vandelized even though it is in a low income part of town.

Doug P.

Reaction score
I have a DH Vendmaster that had a keypad component go out January 11th. I ordered it the same day and still have not received it. I have called several times and its always going to be in next week. I have had a D&S 5 column for 8 years and havent had a single problem with the electronics. I have had issues with the shelves sticking and not dropping product.

Doug P.

I posted on the 9th and received my parts on the 12th. Coincidence?