What's new

Advice on pumps, rebuilding pump stand

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
That's odd. On the description page it shows 5/2500, but on the spec page it shows otherwise. Even the Arimitsu site isn't consistent.

Greg, care to chime in on this???

I am using 5 GPM on a super bay (1500 PSI-08 tip). My other bays about 1300 with 06.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Good marketing.... the Cat 5CP2120W could be marketed the exact same way. Except the Cat 5CP2120W has slightly better specs and is cheaper.

The problem is quoting primarily specs and alternate specs.

That's odd. On the description page it shows 5/2500, but on the spec page it shows otherwise. Even the Arimitsu site isn't consistent.

Greg, care to chime in on this???

I am using 5 GPM on a super bay (1500 PSI-08 tip). My other bays about 1300 with 06.

Greg

Reaction score
I.B. & cwguy, The Arimitsu literature is consistent at 2300 PSI for the model 516 pump, I do not find the 2500 PSI spoken about ?

slash007, the upgrade video shown in the diamondwash post is helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JHWckbuh8g

Happy to help ! Greg @ Arimitsu Pumps ph; 763-205-8341

Last edited:

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
The 2500 psi sounds like the Cat 5CP2120W specs? I believe KR messed up. I also do not know how I missed the "Description" and went directly to "Specifications". All the pumps (310, 5CP2120W and 516) really are basically the same though.... +- 200 psi Cat is just cheaper. >$120

washme1

Reaction score
I just bought a used six bay JC Super Saver pump stand. It is in good shape, but missing 4 of the pumps/pulleys. The motors are all there and they are 5hp 3phase. The two pumps that are there are Cat 5cp2120 pumps. Since I have to buy new pumps/pulleys, I am wondering if I should stick with the 5cp pumps, or switch over to Arimitsu. I like that they are quiter and seem easier to service. I can also go higher on the pressure if I wanted. If I did, not sure if I should get the 313 or 516? Any advice/opinions on my best course of action?

Thanks.
When I bought my car wash 10 years ago, I replaced the Cat pumps with Arimitsu 313's. They've been pretty much trouble free. Greg from Arimitsu has been a great to work with. The pumps are much quieter and simple to work on. When you need to replace seals or other common issues, he has provided videos on YouTube to walk you thru the process.

I'm running my 313s at 1325 the wand with 2505 tips which is around 1400 at the pump.

Last edited:

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Something else I like about the 516 is that it has two extra outlets, which makes plumbing them easier and cleaner.

Where did you buy them?

I drove by one of your washes some time back, but didn't have time to stop. Maybe next time.

slash007

Reaction score
The extra outlets are a nice bonus. If you're ever in the area, stop by! I'll do the same:) Pump wise, I had actually met Greg at the show and that is what got me interested in their pumps. It was one of the last booths that I stopped at before I headed home and I had just happened to pass it buy. He explained to me his background with Cat Pumps before working for Arimitsu and explained some of the differences. I liked how easy they seemed to work on, and from others at the show I had heard how they ran them for years with very few issues. He told me about different distributors that sold them in my area, but since I had spoken to him at the show, I just contacted him with some questions and then bought from him direct.

Last edited: