What's new

Advice on possible single IBA purchase

soonermajic

Reaction score
Sets on edge of 70k city, w/ 3 tunnels, closest being about 4 miles away. Wash was closed down 5 yrs ago due to selling the 4 SS bays to make way for Cstore. IBA Building still looks great, but D&S 5000 is ran down. 1 other 6 SS/1 IBA 1 miles, but touchless IBA is crap.
Good ingress/egress, sets on East edge of Cstore. Street DIRECTLY in front is 20 mph & 5000 traffic, & main street on it's West side (main intersection) is 9000. Owner is using Realtor & dropped from $90 to $80k.
This is a nice area of town, middle to upper middle class. Probably 7k--9k people w/in 2 miles of wash...? I truly believe I need to go friction, & will do my own paystation & stand alone dryers. Lot has parking on it's West side of IBA, where some vacs could be added, & already has 1 vac in front of IBA. So maybe another $130ish for friction.
I like my SoftGloss, but this will be unattended so need something to really clean the back well.
Gimme you guys thoughts, please

mac

Reaction score
See if the C store owner will sell the auto through his gas pumps. That would be a big plus. I like the Istobal automatics (and yes, I sell them). A lot would depend on the price for the site and a new automatic.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Sets on edge of 70k city, w/ 3 tunnels, closest being about 4 miles away. Wash was closed down 5 yrs ago due to selling the 4 SS bays to make way for Cstore. IBA Building still looks great, but D&S 5000 is ran down. 1 other 6 SS/1 IBA 1 miles, but touchless IBA is crap.
Good ingress/egress, sets on East edge of Cstore. Street DIRECTLY in front is 20 mph & 5000 traffic, & main street on it's West side (main intersection) is 9000. Owner is using Realtor & dropped from $90 to $80k.
This is a nice area of town, middle to upper middle class. Probably 7k--9k people w/in 2 miles of wash...? I truly believe I need to go friction, & will do my own paystation & stand alone dryers. Lot has parking on it's West side of IBA, where some vacs could be added, & already has 1 vac in front of IBA. So maybe another $130ish for friction.
I like my SoftGloss, but this will be unattended so need something to really clean the back well.
Gimme you guys thoughts, please
You should try to put together more information like how much it will take to replace the existing equipment, demographics and maybe even talk to the owner and employees at the C-store to get a feel for the area and customer base. May be able to negotiate a better deal. Essentially you are buying real estate, not an existing wash.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Most of us know it will take about $120---$135ish to replace IBA. I stated it was a nice middle to upper middle & included pop w/in 3 miles, & traffic count.
You're correct though, I am buying Real Estate though...

Anybody else gor some ideas?
Mac, there are no Istobal dealers w/in 4 hrs, so that's a No go

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
How about Oasis? Their I5 cleans better than the Ryko.

Also, customers will do a self prep if you give them the stuff. They will learn where the cleaning deficiencies are and prep those areas.

OurTown

Reaction score
Whatever you think you might want to buy make sure you try it first and really critique it. Although it is harder to find a nice newer machine at a reasonable price you could look at buying a used one.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Those are really good ideas guys.
Who has,the Oasis i5, & approximate cost?