What's new

Advice on bay height restriction

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm working with a wash right now with a major mess problem from trucks and food carts, and I need to put up height restriction pipes. Anyone have to do this and have the ideal height to keep out these vehicles and still allow all others like high-roof vans? I'd like to include RVs, but they bays are really too narrow for them to get in and wash.

I'm also debating whether to hang them by chains or to attach them to the upright columns. I've watched trucks just drive under them. I've been thinking about a chain on one side and a wire with a plug on the other, so if they do get in they'll disconnect power to the bay.

Roz

Reaction score
Best way is to find the type of vehicle you wish to accommodate and then look at the manufacturer's specs. Then add 6". You should be able to accommodate the Amazon type of vans or county people movers. RVs can become a pain if they clean out their holding tanks when you are not around. I would avoid them unless you do not mind the possible mess.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
Most tall sprinters are around 9 and a half feet, so maybe 10ft max would work

Bricks

Reaction score
I'm working with a wash right now with a major mess problem from trucks and food carts, and I need to put up height restriction pipes. Anyone have to do this and have the ideal height to keep out these vehicles and still allow all others like high-roof vans? I'd like to include RVs, but they bays are really too narrow for them to get in and wash.

I'm also debating whether to hang them by chains or to attach them to the upright columns. I've watched trucks just drive under them. I've been thinking about a chain on one side and a wire with a plug on the other, so if they do get in they'll disconnect power to the bay.
Maybe you could run furnace screws into the bottom of the pipe so they’ll hear a screeching on their paint when they run through them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Maybe you could run furnace screws into the bottom of the pipe so they’ll hear a screeching on their paint when they run through them.
Good way to get sued, probably wouldn't stop the dump trucks, but I like the way you think.

Bricks

Reaction score
Instead of pipe, suspend a section of gutter, capped on the ends and filled with pit mud.

MEP001

Reaction score
Instead of pipe, suspend a section of gutter, capped on the ends and filled with pit mud.
But how to keep it liquid until someone tips it on themselves?