What's new

Advice needed: hp pump trips breaker

MGSMN

Reaction score
Take the load off the motor by removing the belt. Do a HP test to see if the motor spins. Listen to it and a use a clamp on meter to compare Amp draw on the 3 phases. Go from there.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My distributor sent his electrician/ tech & he found a BIG wire that was loise. My manager is fairly confident he is the person who hooked that wire up, originally.
Thanks for alk the good advice.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Believe it was nrwr the contactor....
Im a little disconnected bow, as wash is 65 miles away. I have a full time job here, teaching, coaching, Girls AD & driving a bus route (as 1 driver quit, another hospitalized w/ Covid & 1 moved) etc... My manager said a 3 phase wite by contactor.
Electrician made a mistake. Erased the $300 charge for 6 hrs & 2 trips. He jumps right on it when I ask. There are ZERO other electricians who will help. ZERO

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
Believe it was nrwr the contactor....
Im a little disconnected bow, as wash is 65 miles away. I have a full time job here, teaching, coaching, Girls AD & driving a bus route (as 1 driver quit, another hospitalized w/ Covid & 1 moved) etc... My manager said a 3 phase wite by contactor.
Electrician made a mistake. Erased the $300 charge for 6 hrs & 2 trips. He jumps right on it when I ask. There are ZERO other electricians who will help. ZERO
I understand your point. We all make mistakes (I make more than most) and if this guy admits his mistakes and is prepared to work with you, that counts for a lot. Also difficult if you are short on options. In our part of the world there are lots of electricians that will wire a house, but few that want to roll up their sleeves and help in a carwash.