What's new

Advice for new to industry

Kat

Reaction score
Hi All
Looking at starting up first carwash just looking for some advice/recommendations please
Looking to do 2x IBA and 6 SS. Would you go one friction and one frictionless IBA or 2 frictionless?
For frictionless weighing up whether to go Petit or Razor. Petit is 45% more expensive to purchase than the Razor through my local distributor, Is the price difference worth it to go Petit?
more questions to come I’m sure
Appreciate your thoughts please

washnshine

Reaction score
Hi All
Looking at starting up first carwash just looking for some advice/recommendations please
Looking to do 2x IBA and 6 SS. Would you go one friction and one frictionless IBA or 2 frictionless?
For frictionless weighing up whether to go Petit or Razor. Petit is 45% more expensive to purchase than the Razor through my local distributor, Is the price difference worth it to go Petit?
more questions to come I’m sure
Appreciate your thoughts please
All of the automatic machines you mentioned are premium and will be fine. Find the best distributor and that make your decision for you. If you get one friction and one touchfree, a razor and a profile are from the same company - Washworld and you will be dealing with only one distributor and may even find there is some commonality among some parts. That might make things easier than getting a touchfree from one company and a friction from another - you may end up with two distributors. Probably not ideal. If you go with a Petit, that distributor might also install a friction machine that you like- it just won’t be a Petit. Good luck and find the best installation and service company you can and go with them.

sjb

Reaction score
What is your budget to make this dream a reality….?

It sounds expensive….

I hope it works out for you!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Do your due diligence! I have one seen 2 SS get built since I've owned my washes in the 10 years.

I would scratch the friction machine and do 2-3 Petits. With that friction you'll be competing directly with tunnels. Unless you are thinking you'll get a significant amount of business after hours it'll be a poor decision IMHO

Kat

Reaction score
Do your due diligence! I have one seen 2 SS get built since I've owned my washes in the 10 years.

I would scratch the friction machine and do 2-3 Petits. With that friction you'll be competing directly with tunnels. Unless you are thinking you'll get a significant amount of business after hours it'll be a poor decision IMHO
thanks for the advice. We don’t have any tunnels in the area I’m in. just 3 laser wash 360’s 8minutes away but isn’t in the same flow of traffic I’m capturing. For the price of a Razor Edge and CHRIST cadis I’ve been quoted for is the same price as one Petit. Trying to work out best way forward. Was thinking if one machine breaks down I have the other still operating. Whereas if Petit out of operation there isn’t another one to use.

Kat

Reaction score
What is your budget to make this dream a reality….?

It sounds expensive….

I hope it works out for you!
Thanks working out that out the budget now with the equipment side of things. Agree building from scratch costly!

Jonathan

Reaction score
May I ask how you accpet the payment from the customers?

Last edited:

Kat

Reaction score
I saw the car wash token, and it's great! By the way, I'm curious why not consider cash and coins? Because I know many car wash owners are still keen on accepting cash
I’m from New Zealand. We don’t carry much cash around here anymore. Too much of a security risk and cards are more convenient here. All our new car washes here are cashless. Only going with tokens as we don’t have another viable option for the SS bays that take contact. Only tap which not all our cards have chips in yet. Small country not as many options or you are paying through the roof for them. Have discussed options with Nayax here. We will have our token machine take cards only (contact and tap)

Roz

Reaction score
Avoid Nayax. Go with CryptoPay Tap Plus.