What's new

Advice: Building a wash

Etowah

soonermajic

Reaction score
great advice! I have GinSan currently, & IVS vacs, & LW4000 IBA.

Anyone have any advice on which are the best , & easiest to work on, combo vacs?

MEP001

Reaction score
MEP, which All In One units would you suggest? Other ideas?
I've only dealt with the older Doyle units which are very simple inside. There are a lot of things I like about them, like they hold five full gallon jugs that you don't have to mix in tanks.

soonermajic

Reaction score
What do these Doyle units look like? I'm thinking that these things, combo vacs, are something that you can buy older models & do a simple refurb....?

mac

Reaction score
The question is similar to the one I get when someone wants to get into the business. I usually ask them back, "What does a three bedroom house cost?" Can be $40,000 for a double wide mobile to $800,000 after you hit the lottery and you want to impress your second wife.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Looking to do White split faced stone , or brick (whichever is cheaper) & blue peaked metal roof.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ok, dug this up. There are some good ideas on here: get xtra vacs, Doyle combos are nice & easy to work on, use concrete haynot, or brick or split faced stone. Put extrutech in walls of SS. Get used SS equipment, new IBA equipment. LED lighting.
I need half an acre, but I'd like to know about how many feet across & deep...?

soonermajic

Reaction score
How would you guys design a 4/1, w/ 6 covered vacs? Keep in mind it will be on a half an acre, can be square or rectangular shape. I'd like 3 vac islands, w/ 2 on each island. Would you put the 5 bays in front, vacs behind them, or opposite? Would you put wash & vac bays all in a line going deep, or all lined up along the road? Wpuld you have vacs behind wash bays, w/ ability to pull through both areas, & u-turn along ends of these to exit back out front?
Keep in mind, there is only hwy frontage, no exit/enter on backside . It is a pasture back there.
What are "must haves" for this 4/1, IBA, SS & Vacs? I'm thinking Cryptopay in SS & Paystation, Air Shamee(s), combo vacs, glass front vendor, maybe tokens dispensed...?

lag

Reaction score
Have you considered a CONFORM building? Basically, it is a concrete building poured into forms that become the walls. Cost effective and quick to put up. We used on the last wash I was involved with building.
Full disclosure… I recently took a job with another wash supplier, and we represent the company that manufactures the product.
I can pass on more information if you’d like.