What's new

advertising in bays

washman9

Reaction score
have been giving some thought in trying to sell advertising spots on walls in self service bays. could offer to local business something like 16 x 20, either on one wall or both walls, yearly contract. has anyone every done this? should i offer to pay for signage? what might be a ballpark price? appreciate any thoughts.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Ha!! I've been going over the same thing in my mind as well. I thought about targeting auto service shops, auto insurance, etc.. Haven't decided how to accomplish this exactly, maybe go contact a sign shop for different ideas of mounting, type of sign material, size, etc.. Then have an advertiser pay for the sign, installation, and charge them some type of fee whether it be monthly, quarterly, yearly, etc..

Maybe instead of yearly pay, one could swap services depending on what your needs are. Lawn mowing company = mow your yard for free all season? Just some thoughts.

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
Signs

Yes, I have always liked this old idea. I have seen other washes that I have stopped at, do this. But signs do deteriorate over time. I would think if the signs were always in good shape and not to cluttered It would be good. If you showed the advertiser how many cars come in your busiest bays, that it has real value. Even in the auto bays where they are just sitting there waiting. And an even more captured customer.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I agree with the look of the signs over time. Some term would have to be set which would require replacement or removal. It'd also have to be some type of laminate or smooth finish so the lettering doesn't catch the dirt.

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
Advertising in the bays

Has anyone used the company www.lookupdisplays.com? They do advertising in the bay. You purchase the display and there is a phone number for people to call you about advertising. When they want to place an ad, lookup displays does the signage. The only fee is for the display itself. They make the sign for the advertiser.

Etowah

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I did it with Dent Wizard for 12 yrs. The response they had was great.
Charged $100.00 per month per location.
You need to have the signs made with lexan to withstand the bay conditions.
Unfortunately they were bought out and the new(corporate) ownership did not want to continue.

washman9

Reaction score
what size sign did you allow for the $100 per month, 12 x 12, 12 x 16, etc. also, do you put these in the self service bays and if so were they on both walls of the bays?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I'm currently working on the same thing for our wash in sync with the chamber of commerce. So far so good. Hope to have everything done by September. Rolled it out as a "buy the bay" on a 3 month contract basis. Great response so far! 2 businesses have signed up and several others have expressed alot of interest.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
My only suggestion is to have at least 2 different merchants advertising in each bay side by side.
I didn't want to do this because I thought it might get to cluttered with all the other signage.
I had several customers that thought the Dent Wizard owned the car wash. So if they had any problems they would call them.
I thought it was kind of funny but the Dent wizard guy did not.
I told him at least he had them calling them for something and if he was any good he could parlay that into a sale for himself.
It must have worked because he didn't call me back after that.