What's new

Adjusting Time per coin?

twogun

Reaction score
How do You change the time per coin? I have Keltner Model 9D timers in the bays.

jc

MEP001

Reaction score
With the "Coins to start" knob. Take the four screws off the timer cover, remove the cover and you'll see it. Turn off the power to the bay before you make any adjustments.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
point and click

I have monitoring system from Remote Car Wash Technology and all I have to do is click on the price next to the bay number and click the arrows until I have what I want. I can do each bay independantly and I can also change the time, turn lights on and off, tell how much $$ they have in, start or stop the bay, and have all washing loaded to excel. I know where every quarter goes and have all wash functions broken down into percentages. Makes life a lot easier.

Dubois Laundry/Carwash

2 bay SS (and laundromat)
Reaction score
I had to get rid of my Keltner Model 9D timers because they only count to 15.

at 30 seconds per quarter, any money deposited over $3.75 (7 and 1/2 minutes) was forfeited.

in answer to the original question, remove the cover and turn the little knobs with a tiny screwdriver such as you might use on your eyeglasses

MEP001

Reaction score
Dubois Laundry/Carwash said:
The IDX Flat-Pak timers are much worse. Instead of coins over 15 being simply forfeited, on the 16th coin the timer just shuts off.

Etowah

twogun

Reaction score
The funny thing is that I was doing it right all along, the problem was that I did not know to set the timer display when I saw those switches:eek: I started laughing. I just kept setting and nothing would change.

twogun

Reaction score

at 30 seconds per quarter, any money deposited over $3.75 (7 and 1/2 minutes) was forfeited.
So which one is the max? The number of coins,time or amount. If it is set at a higher time does the total number of coins you can deposit drop.

Randy

Reaction score
I?d replace the Kelter Timers with Dixmor LED-5?s or LED-7 timers. They are a much better timer. I know a car wash operator who is replacing his coin boxes and has 10 Dixmor LED-5 timers that he doesn?t need anymore.

MEP001

Reaction score
The max coins is always the same. The max time is only limited by the switch settings. These timers aren't smart enough to alter the max coins when time is changed.

Are you running some odd combination of Keltner timers with Ginsan displays? If so, you can inexpensively replace the Keltners with the Ginsan replacement for the GS-7, which will now accumulate up to 255 coins.