What's new

Adjusting sensors

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Just replaced the safety eyes and housings on WW 1.0 and having a heck of a time getting them adjusted , i am using the telco gauge but still having a hard time getting them close.

Wondering if some one here has a seceret to doing this.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
What readings are you getting on the Telco gauge? What makes you think that they are not lining up correctly? The safety eyes are the ones in the cans on the front of the gantry correct? I have notes about what readings you should be getting. If I remember correctly a B17 or better is good enough. I can check my notes at the wash tomorrow.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Right now I am at G1, in the past I have been able to set them b1 and they work good there but for some I am having a real problem getting them that close now.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Right now I am at G1, in the past I have been able to set them b1 and they work good there but for some I am having a real problem getting them that close now.
I remember having the same problem. I think the new replacement eye was faulty and it wasn't an alignment problem. If you have a good reading on another set of eyes you might want to swap them just to see if it is an alignment problem or a faulty eye. Also, it could be a cable problem. Keep in mind Telcos have a five year warranty and they are date coded.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
The reason for changing the eyes was because the cans were getting bad and I wanted to replace with new ones before they got so bad I would not be able to get them off.
The eyes were working fine before I changed the cans.

JIMT

Reaction score
What readings are you getting on the Telco gauge? What makes you think that they are not lining up correctly? The safety eyes are the ones in the cans on the front of the gantry correct? I have notes about what readings you should be getting. If I remember correctly a B17 or better is good enough. I can check my notes at the wash tomorrow.
What is a Telco gauge? Does it tell which sensor is not working? Where do you get it?

JimT

Buzzie8

Reaction score
A Telco eye gauge was supplied to me by my distributor (I think they cost $500) and are made my Telco. It allows you to pull out your Telco amplifier and plug the gauge into the same socket the amplifier went into. It has a series of lights that will gauge how well your transmitter and receiver eyes are seeing each other.