Eric H
Well-known member
I just tested the PH and freeze protection of my floor antifreeze. Looks like I need to make some adjustments.

Looks like the freeze protection is good to somewhere between 10 to 0. I wish that were lower because temps commonly get to -10 and as low as -30 several times a year.
The more concerning measurement is the PH! I used to buy a pressurized can of conditioner/PH stabilizer that a sales rep from the local plumbing supply house but that rep disappeared and the supply house has no idea what I’m asking for.
This antifreeze was replaced last October due to a huge leak from a previous repair. I’d prefer not to replace all/most of the antifreeze again this year.
Any recommendations on how to proceed?

Looks like the freeze protection is good to somewhere between 10 to 0. I wish that were lower because temps commonly get to -10 and as low as -30 several times a year.
The more concerning measurement is the PH! I used to buy a pressurized can of conditioner/PH stabilizer that a sales rep from the local plumbing supply house but that rep disappeared and the supply house has no idea what I’m asking for.
This antifreeze was replaced last October due to a huge leak from a previous repair. I’d prefer not to replace all/most of the antifreeze again this year.
Any recommendations on how to proceed?