What's new

Additional methods to accept credit cards

Shane

Reaction score
We currently accept credit cards at our Automatic. We have a Hamilton Goldline ACW. We also have tokenotes for our top end wash. I have created pre-paid tokenote packages that can be purchased at a discounted price. I can only accept cash or check currently for those books of tokenotes.

I am wondering what other methods you guys use to accept credit cards. (I can make a manual entry in my ACW with my hand held key pad but that is kind of a pain).
Do you guys also have a separate credit card reader that you keep in your equipment room or business for taking larger credit card payments? If so, is it from the same company that handles your ACW transactions?

Thanks!
Shane

MEP001

Reaction score
Your merchant processor should be able to provide you the necessary hardware to do the usual "swipe and printed receipt" as you would in any store, but at what cost to you depends on them. Some offer it for free, some only lease.

Parker

Reaction score
I use WashGears retrofit for my goldline and they have a Keyed Process on the computer that I can just type in the CC #, exp date, amount, etc and process it right on the spot. We also have a ice cream shop added on and we just use one of the swipe machines from our merchant but it was close to $500.

Being able to charge things manually pretty nice, I have a lot of people who buy the vending stuff on their card

washtubman

Reaction score
We just did what you want to do. Just added a Trans 330 swipe machine and a printer in the equipment room thru our CC provider for our ACWs. Cost was under 200.00. It's working great.

soapy

Reaction score
I have etowah valley CC readers in some of my bays. They use Blue Pay and I can go to their site and use a virtual teller to input CC. I can do it from any computer.

Shane

Reaction score
That seems like a pretty slick solution. I don't think I have that option. I currently have EPiC / Chase Paymentech. I am not sure if any other Hamilton users have to use these guys but I am not that impressed so far.

I have etowah valley CC readers in some of my bays. They use Blue Pay and I can go to their site and use a virtual teller to input CC. I can do it from any computer.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I also use Bluepay and they make it extremely easy to do this through their online interface. I don't keep a computer on site, but when I am offering different products or specials I make sure to have my laptop on site so that I can log on and accept cc.