What's new

Adding Weather Shield to D&S 5000

Etowah

Red Baron

Reaction score
Need good reason to bump top wash $1. Would like to add Warsaw's Weather Shield (similar to Rain-X).

1) Does this product create a build up problem if used every time a customer washes?

2) Since it will replace me Berry Dry (drying agent), which is also applied to my second from top wash, should I eliminate it from my 2nd to top wash, or just apply it to both but the tri-foam to just the top wash?

twinstar

Reaction score
I got rid of my drying agent and put Rain-X on line and raised my price (top wash) by $2. It is my best selling wash package. My customers just love it. I use Final Rinse from AP Formulators and it acts like a drying agent at the same time it is a clear coat protectant. It is great stuff. Sense that time I have switched from Rain-x and went with AP Formulators Weather-X and I have not seen a bit of difference except the price is about 1/2 the price of Rain-x.

When I raised my prices I did not have one complaint. I raised $1 for the first three washes and $2 for the top wash.

Regarding your drying agent, I apply my final rinse (drying agent/clear coat) to every one of my (total 4) wash packages. I want that water running off the cars from my cheapest wash to my best wash. I was scared to raise my prices but it ended up being a very good move for me.

Hope this helps!

Red Baron

Reaction score
Twin, that definately helps. Thanks.

My dist suggests what you did, apply the Weather Shield on all 4 washes. My washes are now $4, $5, $6 and $7. Dilemma is whether to bump them all $1, or to go $5, $6, $7 and $9.

We're in a rural farming community where the farm-oriented folks don't want to see anyone making a lot of money. Maybe I'll buy myself a Yugo to park out front.

twinstar

Reaction score
I would not put the weather on all of your washes they will buy your cheapest wash and still get the weather shield. The idea of putting on line a Rain-x type of product is for you to up sell your customers to buy your top wash. Like I said I put on line a final rinse that takes the place of the drying agent because your weather shield is using that pump now. You should still have a clear coat pump available that is where I replaced my clear coat and went with a product that acts like a drying agent and is a clear coat protectant. I only offer weather-x on my top wash only.

Each one of my wash packages I offer something different (more) to justify the price increase between wash packages. Again you must have some type of product on line for each wash to make that water roll off the cars. Weather shield I bet is not cheap and your dist would love it if you put it on every wash option.

Your price increase sounds great that is what I did with mine. I bumped my top wash by $2 for adding the Rain-x type of product to my top wash.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I would not put the weather on all of your washes they will buy your cheapest wash and still get the weather shield. The idea of putting on line a Rain-x type of product is for you to up sell your customers to buy your top wash. Like I said I put on line a final rinse that takes the place of the drying agent because your weather shield is using that pump now. You should still have a clear coat pump available that is where I replaced my clear coat and went with a product that acts like a drying agent and is a clear coat protectant. I only offer weather-x on my top wash only.

Each one of my wash packages I offer something different (more) to justify the price increase between wash packages. Again you must have some type of product on line for each wash to make that water roll off the cars. Weather shield I bet is not cheap and your dist would love it if you put it on every wash option.

Your price increase sounds great that is what I did with mine. I bumped my top wash by $2 for adding the Rain-x type of product to my top wash.

My top 3 washes have WS. My washes are 5, 6, 7 and $8. My average sale has varied between $7.10 and $7.50 since I switched a few months ago.

Jack

Reaction score
Weather Sheild

Red Baron,, Are you still happy with using Weather Sheild instead of Berry Dry? Just thinking about switching.
Thanks;
Jack

Red Baron

Reaction score
Red Baron,, Are you still happy with using Weather Sheild instead of Berry Dry? Just thinking about switching.
Thanks;
Jack
Jack,

Yes, still happy with Weather Shield. It provides noticeably more gloss than does Berry Dry. I've got mine tweaked down to wear the cost-per-car is very reasonable and stil get a good gloss.

Getting good results with all my Warsaw products. There was a time when black cars were coming out hazy sometimes with the Berry Dry but that's never been the case with WS.