What's new

Adding spray gun quick connect to IBA wash bay

MW_Wash

Reaction score
I would like to run a line out and drop a quick connect for a pressure washer on the dividing wall between our two bays for clean up purposes. Has anyone else done this using the high pressure pump from the wash equipment? I imagine two ball valves, one to prevent the water from coming out of the wash and the other to send the water to the pressure hookup. When putting back in service closing the pressure washer hookup and opening the valve to wash equipment backup. I don't know best way to get the pump to quit running when the pressure washer trigger is released though without changing things on the wash side which I do not want to do.

If you wonder why I would do this.. think small equipment room. Have to crawl and climb to even get to the hose bibb, no room to store a good commerical garden hose and pressure washer onsite.

Any thoughts?

washnshine

Reaction score
I would like to run a line out and drop a quick connect for a pressure washer on the dividing wall between our two bays for clean up purposes. Has anyone else done this using the high pressure pump from the wash equipment? I imagine two ball valves, one to prevent the water from coming out of the wash and the other to send the water to the pressure hookup. When putting back in service closing the pressure washer hookup and opening the valve to wash equipment backup. I don't know best way to get the pump to quit running when the pressure washer trigger is released though without changing things on the wash side which I do not want to do.

If you wonder why I would do this.. think small equipment room. Have to crawl and climb to even get to the hose bibb, no room to store a good commerical garden hose and pressure washer onsite.

Any thoughts?
Is this to wash down automatic bays? Can’t you relocate your regular hose bib to a more conducive location for quick connect to garden hose to wash down bays? If your storage is that tight, you can hang the garden hose in the bay, and have a shut off inside the equipment room.

I prefer washing my tunnel down with a garden hose. More volume and flow of water to rinse dirt and grime down the drain. Nozzles also allow you to jet the water to whatever shape/pattern and flow you want.

Self serves are a no - brainer, the hp hose is already in there. But you might want to consider making a more efficient line for a quick connect to a regular hose bib if you are going to be washing out automatic bays. Just hang the hose on the wall and keep a shut off inside. That way you don’t have to worry about tying into your machine’s pump and putting extra wear and tear on that just to clean your bays.

Eric H

Reaction score
I don’t think using the HUGE cat pump to wash down a bay is a good idea. You won’t have enough flow to keep the pump cool amongst other major issues.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don’t think using the HUGE cat pump to wash down a bay is a good idea. You won’t have enough flow to keep the pump cool amongst other major issues.
Believe it or not, some of them are factory set up for this.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Yes, I have one wash with a wall mounted hose reel and two high pressure ball valves. One goes to the bay, another goes to the reel. There is room for error here as I have left the wrong ball valve open after I was through washing, I have also left both ball valves closed before and burned up the seals in the pump.

At another wash I just have a high pressure hose reel and have a quick connect near the boom in the centrally located bay. You have to use a stepladder to connect it. It is not as conveient but is fairly Greg-proof.

Reactions: APW