What's new

Adding Shampoo/Vac and Fragrance Vac - Payback ??

WBNTEXAS

Reaction score
We have 3 Fragramatics; 1 Shampoo, 1 spray scents and 1 Vacuum only.
The Shampoo-er does weep the soap on the pedestal mount after use and both the shampoo scrub head and scent sprayer hoses can be unruly and refuse to stay in there respective hanagers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have 4 vac/shampoo and 4 vac/fragrance from Fragramatics. I do about $1200 per week average. Very low maintenance except for vacuum cleaning and the occasional vac motor. I sell a lot of fragrance.
$150 / week per unit - Exceptional. Don't get Bandit's s hopes up.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
It must be location and clientele. When I had a shampoo/vac, and a fragrance/vac, I'm not sure I ever saw any difference in revenue compared to just a regular vacuum. But I did have to fiddle with the fragrance more often than I liked due to problems with it, and shampoo unit once in a while as well.

Then one of the "heads" broke (I think it was shampoo) and it was several hundred dollars to replace. There was no way I could break even with that sort of repair against uncertain income. Again, probably a location thing. My vacuums are in the rear of the wash, and don't do nearly as much revenue as they would if placement was better.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have several locations with combo units. In all honesty I don't think they offer a great payback in middle and upper income areas. I saw more use, especially the fragrance, in lower income areas. If I was buying new I'd probably not bother to buy. However, if you snoop around you can find used ones to refurbish.

Bandit

Reaction score
I have 4 vac/shampoo and 4 vac/fragrance from Fragramatics. I do about $1200 per week average. Very low maintenance except for vacuum cleaning and the occasional vac motor. I sell a lot of fragrance.
Appreciate your reply & from all good and bad !

Bandit

Reaction score
What do you charge for fragrance and how much time ? What do you charge for shampoo and how much time ? Charge and time for just vacuum.

For our vacuum only units, we charge $1 for 2 minutes, using the credit card we charge min $3 for 6 minutes. Thank you !

CleanMachine

Reaction score
I charge $1 for 4 minutes. The 4 minutes count down the same for vacs, fragrance and shampoo. I am actually doing closer to $1000 per week-the $1200 includes my vending. I keep them cleaned out, running great and polished. They stay very busy despite express washes with free vacs in several directions. My suction reads very close to 80psi for all my vacs. I spot checked my competitors free vacs and they are usually around 35-40 psi. HUGE difference. Most of my competitors don't have the fragrance and shampoo/spotter equipment so those stay busy as well.

CleanMachine

Reaction score
Hi Carl from Patriot Auto Wash in Springfield. Thanks for your kind comments. I hope the above info answered your questions. I am there a lot and do work hard to keep everything clean. I also upgraded to all LED lighting so that has helped also. Your wash looks great and your reviews reflect the great job you do as well.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I can't help but think that CleanMachine's warm all year round climate & his use of dollar coins is a factor.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I am so jealous of Clean Machine & Mike Dimone. You guys vacuum sales are absolutely at the top, nationwide. Cause I've asked a LOT of folks, & nobody comes close. Congrats to yall.
Im going up to $1/4 min & putting new graphics & hoses/claws in 2020. I do about 1/4th of what you guys make.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
My suction reads very close to 80psi for all my vacs. I spot checked my competitors free vacs and they are usually around 35-40 psi. HUGE difference.
Clean Machine & others,

Below is a link to our specific "in house" suction gauge that we have for testing our well maintained 2 inch hose vacs: https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Cleaner-Suction-Gauge-Water/dp/B008MM63EK

Can you share a link for the rest of us ... to the specific vacuum suction gauge that goes way up to 80psi???? The one linked above appears to only go to 40psi???

No offense ... but I am thinking it is possible ... you might be confusing the Kilopascals reading with the psi reading???

Same gauge as above with misleading info???: https://www.thevacuumfactory.com/product/vacuum-water-lift-suction-gauge-0-160-inches/

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Clean Machine & others,

Below is a link to our specific "in house" suction gauge that we have for testing our well maintained 2 inch hose vacs: https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Cleaner-Suction-Gauge-Water/dp/B008MM63EK

Can you share a link for the rest of us ... to the specific vacuum suction gauge that goes way up to 80psi???? The one linked above appears to only go to 40psi???

No offense ... but I am thinking it is possible ... you might be confusing the Kilopascals reading with the psi reading???

Same gauge as above with misleading info???: https://www.thevacuumfactory.com/product/vacuum-water-lift-suction-gauge-0-160-inches/

I'm sure he meant inches of water.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I'm sure he meant inches of water.
Even so gauges tend to only go to about 50 inches of water that I have seen available??? The ones linked are identical to the one I own & it only goes to 40 inches of water ... it appears!

Last edited:
Etowah

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Aaah Hahaha sayeth me the blind man who picked up his hammer & saw!

What confused me was a possible correlation between vacuum & psi vs the very different "inches of water". 40 kilopascals on my gauge = to 161 vacuum inches of water based on the following conversion tool.

The following more accurate conversion tool tells the relationship more thoroughly: http://www.kylesconverter.com/pressure/kilopascals-to-inches-of-water

Stand back ... I will now need to wear a dunce hat for awhile ... thanks again ... I stand corrected ... it is not be the first time I allowed myself to be misled. As long it is not too contagious. Shame on you "clean machine" for describing your readings as psi!!! Oh well ... your heart was in the right place!

Last edited: