What's new

Adding Shampoo/Vac and Fragrance Vac - Payback ??

Bandit

Reaction score
Our self service wash has all vacuums now.
We are considering adding a shampoo/fragrance vac ---- either stand alone or combined in one unit - to round out our service offerings.

1) Do these units generate much business ?
2) Do you find combination units generate more income than single function units ?

Any advice appreciated we learn so much here.

chaz

Reaction score
Pain in the neck, I’ve got three combo...the shampoo one gets use....the fragrance ones not so much and clog often. For the added purchase price I’d not buy them again. Now in bay blows dryers....that’s been a great addition

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had very good luck with fragrance vac combos. They can make easily 50% more than a plain vac. FWIW I use only Fragramatics scents and I've never had issues with clogging.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Like mep said i get a ton of usage all my vacs are combo units i have 8 total and my vacs average $1200-1500 a week in vacs alone.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have Coleman Combos/ If the Budget allowed I would have all combos with, Vaults in a SS Base, Bill and Card acceptance.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I think it depends on demographics. The popularity of that black ice fragrance which smells like shitty cologne kinda confirms that IMO. When I had washes in lower income areas the fragrance vacs saw pretty decent business in fragrance sales. In upper income areas not so much. A gallon of any fragrance lasts me well over a year at the wash I have in an upper middle class area.

The shampoo vac sees occasional use. I like offering the service to customers but its not a game changer either way.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Total for all vacs. Sorry didnt clarify that. Does real good considering there is a express with free vacs 1/2 mile away
$75k/ yr on vacs is almost unheard of in this biz. Especially with FREE vacs right down the street. You are doing things right & also extremely fortunate!

Bandit

Reaction score
Pain in the neck, I’ve got three combo...the shampoo one gets use....the fragrance ones not so much and clog often. For the added purchase price I’d not buy them again. Now in bay blows dryers....that’s been a great addition

Last edited:

Bandit

Reaction score
12-15 each r total for 8. I am guessing total for 8. is still great Base price for Vac?
Not understaning your question Earl ? Youmean
I have Coleman Combos/ If the Budget allowed I would have all combos with, Vaults in a SS Base, Bill and Card acceptance.
Excellent advice, thanks Earl......yes I think you are saying to capture all the payment option people may have bill/coin/token/cc.

Bandit

Reaction score
Total for all vacs. Sorry didnt clarify that. Does real good considering there is a express with free vacs 1/2 mile away
Maybe not surprising, as I am discovering, the Express wash model customer is different type person.

Bandit

Reaction score
I think it depends on demographics. The popularity of that black ice fragrance which smells like shitty cologne kinda confirms that IMO. When I had washes in lower income areas the fragrance vacs saw pretty decent business in fragrance sales. In upper income areas not so much. A gallon of any fragrance lasts me well over a year at the wash I have in an upper middle class area.

The shampoo vac sees occasional use. I like offering the service to customers but its not a game changer either way.
True that about the Black Ice frangrance, cheap cologne, but sells best in our ghetto location.

MEP001

Reaction score
I think it depends on demographics. The popularity of that black ice fragrance which smells like shitty cologne kinda confirms that IMO.
Don't insult my tacky customers. Actually I've heard from multiple people that they think the black ice covers up the smell of weed.
I just got the shampoo/vac working not even a month ago, and even though it's been down for several years and it's the least accessible unit it's already making more than any other plain vacuum.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I upgraded my wash with one vac/fragrance. And one with vac/shampoo.

I eventually took them out and replaced them with turbo vacs. I saw little income difference, and had maintenance headaches.

Bandit

Reaction score
I upgraded my wash with one vac/fragrance. And one with vac/shampoo.

I eventually took them out and replaced them with turbo vacs. I saw little income difference, and had maintenance headaches.
Thank you for reply

Randy

Reaction score
Once upon a time I had a Coleman combo vac. It was installed for 10 days before it was destroyed by the lovey customers who frequent the self-serve car washes. They leave the round vac’s alone. I still have some parts left if anyone is interested.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Earlier this year I installed 3 shampoo/vacs and 3 frag/vacs all Colemans....and I would say I have seen an increase in revenue. So far maintenance hasnt been an issue but I rebuilt them completely before installing them. I will say frag/vac combos see more usage than the shampoo/vac combos.

CleanMachine

Reaction score
I have 4 vac/shampoo and 4 vac/fragrance from Fragramatics. I do about $1200 per week average. Very low maintenance except for vacuum cleaning and the occasional vac motor. I sell a lot of fragrance.