What's new

Adding Credit Card the American Changer AC1005

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
You could possibly add Cryptopay or something similar to it, but that cabinet is so small it may be pretty difficult. American makes a CC to token machine, but it does not accept cash, just cards. Another issue I can see is that you would be dispensing cash for a credit card. To me, that's an ATM and may have it's own set of hoops you would need to jump through. To do exactly what you want is not that practical IMO.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your merchant processor won't allow you to dispense cash for a CC payment.

pgrzes

Reaction score
If you dispense quarters with a Cryptopay or other swiper you are losing $$$$. I have installed Cryptopay swipers on my American changers, but only to dispense tokens. I set it for a $5 swipe for 6-$1 tokens.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I’m a new member to the forum and was wondering if I can add a Credit Card Machine to my American Changer AC1005?? Swipe for $5 worth of quarters?
CCWO1,

You have your "marching orders" to help me lobby for ATMs available in the USA that dispense both a denomination of a bill & also dollar coins. I see way fewer of the quarter look a like Susan Bs in the thousands that I get from my bank so maybe there is still hope for higher denomination coins in the future!

Our ATM experience (added $$$) at our car wash, laundry, dog wash for about 8 years has been very positive other than not being able to also dispense dollar coins. Some countries are ahead of us in that category from what I have heard.

CCW01

Reaction score
Thanks fo the responses. If you were adding credit cards, which company would you go with?

I currently use USA technologies but was wondering about Nayax and Crypto from others experiences?

Thanks

wyatt

Reaction score
I try to figure out ways to get airline points as well as many other people. I'm sure you'd get people come spend as much as possible on their cc to get quarters and then just take those quarters back to the bank. You'd be paying for their FREE FLIGHTS!