What's new

Adding a picture

MEP001

Reaction score
The quickest way is to use a hosting site like imageshack.us to upload. It's free to create an account, and after you upload an image you'll be given links to paste into forums. The one wrapped in [ img ] tags, when pasted into a post here, will display as your image.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Or you can create an album in our Photo Gallery and post the link in your post to your picture.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
We had decided to kill the Photo Gallery. No one was using it. Just use a public free place and then copy and paste the URL into the "add image option".

Twodose

Reaction score
What a beautiful dog...!

Who did u use to upload photo?

Seem's Bill had some problems with imagshack.us

MEP001

Reaction score
Bill doesn't use imageshack.us for hosting photos. Just go there and create an account, then upload them and paste the provided link into your thread. It's that simple.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
What a beautiful dog...!

Who did u use to upload photo?

Seem's Bill had some problems with imagshack.us
Twodose I have been using "Photo Bucket" for a number of years on another forum and once you learn the keystrokes it's pretty simple.

I use Microsoft digital image suite to download photos into my computer. After downloading I "edit" the photos to downsize to 800 x800 so you don't wait forever for the photo to come up. I then upload the photos to "Photo Bucket". You can download 1 or a bunch of photos and it's "free"!

When I want to download a photo I find the easiest way for me is to open "Photo Bucket in a new window" so I can click back and forth between "Photo Bucket" and the forum. Click on the photo, it will enlarge and the right side comes up with various selections (URL)??. I left click on the bottom one and it will normally flash "copied"! I then move over to the forum and left click on the mountain (yellow box) shown at the top of the window. When that is clicked it opens a small window and in that window I right click and then "paste". I then go to the bottom and click on "Preview Post" to make sure it comes out the way you want it to. Add your info regarding the picture and you should be "good to go"!

You might also click and paste the below thread and there's a video on the "Wrangler Forum" which would help.

"A picture is worth a thousand words" especially when you're trying to explain something on the Forum!

Good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR!:)

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f2/how-to-post-a-picture-video-73706.html

soapy

Reaction score
I still wish that we could post photos they way most other forum sites do it. This forum is set up the same way as others but for some reason it will not post photos using the same process. You should not have to have an account somewhere else to post the photos. Much simpler to post from your own computer and your own photos. At the bottom of your reply click on manage attachments, then click on browse your computer, pick out properly sized picture and download. That is all there should be to it but something in the software here is not letting pictures be attached. If you need to downsize a photo you can use PAINT in windows and resize the picture prior to downloading your photo to the forum. I know we have been told several times before to use another site and then paste it here but that has not lead to pictures actually being posted very often on this forum. I think more picture posting would be plus for this site and that it needs to be as easy as possible.

JacksonV

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Posting pics...

We're working on it, Soapy. Thanks!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Soapy, I think that I might have it dialed in, I need the host to fix something at their end.

BTW Soapy and Waxman, its been awhile since you added to your Blogs.

Twodose

Reaction score
Bill doesn't use imageshack.us for hosting photos. Just go there and create an account, then upload them and paste the provided link into your thread. It's that simple.
Bill removed a picture I posted from imageshack a while back, he said there were allot of ads and pop ups when clicking on the link to the picture, so I just assumed you couldn't use that one anymore.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Fianlly !!! How to post a picture.

We have finally figured out what was wrong with the ability to upload directly a photo to your post.

To add a PHOTO to your post, click on "Go Advanced" you will see the little paperclip above the Remove a Link option. You then will get another box and you browse to your photo location.

You need to use a photo program to make it about 600x400 or smaller and less than 2M in size. It will add a thumbnail to the post and then they can click on it for a larger view.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
View attachment 315

Testing.

I was looking for something labeled "go advanced". I just fumbled around and clicked the paper clip and did this, if it worked. Still never found "go advanced".

I know you are working hard to make this happen and it's appreciated, but I'm sure most want the photo to display in the post, not just the thumbnail. Using a hosting site is a pain in the rear and I'm sure that's the reason not many photos get posted. I know it's the reason I didn't post many.

MEP001

Reaction score
Twodose said:
Bill removed a picture I posted from imageshack a while back, he said there were allot of ads and pop ups when clicking on the link to the picture, so I just assumed you couldn't use that one anymore.
I see - I don't use the thumbnail link, I use the direct link so the photo posts original size in the post, no need to click.

MEP001

Reaction score
pitzerwm said:
To add a PHOTO to your post, click on "Go Advanced" you will see the little paperclip above the Remove a Link option. You then will get another box and you browse to your photo location.

You need to use a photo program to make it about 600x400 or smaller and less than 2M in size. It will add a thumbnail to the post and then they can click on it for a larger view.
Instead of the photo viewing full size when I click on it, it downloads it into a folder.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
Test! Played with it and the 2 photos show up! Went to "edit" and got back to 1 photo. couldn't find "thumbnail"

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the thumbnails in your posts....Only a broken image box. I can click on the box and it downloads the image to my PC so I can view. I'm running windows 7 professional...