What's new

Adding a dixmor weep mizer to my wash

Etowah

mngoalie

Reaction score
I'm looking at a dixmor weep mizer for my wash. What are people using for a 24v supply for the solenoid? I'll be running 2 solenoids so I need a bit of kick for that.

Thanks

mngoalie

Reaction score

Randy

Reaction score
Mine is split into 2 zones so there are 2 solenoids. I can't merge them into one.
Then use 2 - 110 volt valves. But I would redo my weep system so 1 valve controls everything.

mngoalie

Reaction score
Then use 2 - 110 volt valves. But I would redo my weep system so 1 valve controls everything.
The wash was built in 2 phases so that's not easily possible. The existing weep system is 24 volts. Its a manual system and I'm looking to automate it.

Randy

Reaction score
The wash was built in 2 phases so that's not easily possible. The existing weep system is 24 volts. Its a manual system and I'm looking to automate it.
Get 2 24 volt normally open solenoid valves. How big is the transformer that controls the current 24 volt solenoid valve? Is the valve you have now a normally open or closed valve?

mngoalie

Reaction score
Get 2 24 volt normally open solenoid valves. How big is the transformer that controls the current 24 volt solenoid valve? Is the valve you have now a normally open or closed valve?
Normally open valve now. I haven't opened up the existing system yet to see what's inside. It's run by 2 controllers now. Trying to consolidate as well as modernize at the same time.

Randy

Reaction score
Normally open valve now. I haven't opened up the existing system yet to see what's inside. It's run by 2 controllers now. Trying to consolidate as well as modernize at the same time.
What kind of controllers control the weep system now? You might want to have the Weepmizer control a relay so you don't overload the Weepmizer.

Rudy

Reaction score
You want to run the output through a relay anyway.

Years ago, I had a electrical short fry the output of my WeepMiser. Now, the output runs a (hockey puck style solid state) relay....and this relay controls the weep solenoids. Any issues, and the $25 relay gets ruined instead of the WeepMiser.

A relay on the output would solve your 24V issue. Just run 24v into the relay, and run the output from the relay to your weep solenoids. Wire the control circuit on the relay to your WeepMiser and you're done.

Solid State Relay: 25A, SPST, panel mount (PN# AD-SSR625-AC-280A) | AutomationDirect

mngoalie

Reaction score
that makes sense.. good idea on the isolation.

mngoalie

Reaction score
What kind of controllers control the weep system now? You might want to have the Weepmizer control a relay so you don't overload the Weepmizer.
This is my current controller 605D21A9-3CC0-41C9-9AF1-EEC87066213B.jpeg

Etowah