What's new

Add dryers or go to dollar tokens

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I’m looking for some ways to generate more revenue at my wash (5 bay ss & 5 vacuums). I have added cryptopay & raised my prices since we bought it in May. We’re in a town of around 7000 & don’t have any direct competition in the actual town but there are plenty of washes in the surrounding areas. Would I see more revenue from adding a few in bay dryers or converting over to dollar tokens? I’d like to do both eventually but am curious what y’all’s thoughts are? Am also planning on going to running presoak through a foam gun vs through the high pressure gun as it is now.

OurTown

Reaction score
Did you set up count up or count down when installing Cryptopay in the bays?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Count up in my busiest 3 bays. They do about 20% right now & have been in since July.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have you considered making one or bays a Superbay? Bonus time? Make 1 or 2 bays a uperbay and add dryers to those. (That is what I did.)

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
I guess that’s what I’m suggesting. I’d probably only add dryers to the busiest 2 bays at this time.

Etowah

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Go with the dryers! It's a GREAT way to differentiate yourself from your competitors, and your customers will enjoy them. Plan to spend extra time at your car wash, giving away free time, showing your customers how to use them. If you don't, customers will think they're in-bay vacuums and not use them. Now, most of our customers use them and we're busier than ever!! We installed a Diskin dryer in each of our 5 SS bays in 2018, and have DOUBLED our gross profit.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
So I went back & forth about a million times but decided to go to dollars tokens right now. Still plan to add a few dryers but it’ll have to wait until spring. I really like the idea of cash in the box equaling money made. It will also give me great joy for my habitual change getters to get a handful of tokens. Bays will still take quarters as well as tokens, vacs & vending will be tokens only.

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
I am in a similar sized market. And have owned my ss 5 bay for over 5 years now. Business has increased each year and I believe the most contributing factor is customer service. Keeping equipment working and clean. Also being present and available. I have my number posted and respond to issues quickly.
Nayax was installed last week to replace our old system. I can now start a bay from my phone if a customer has a problem.
We also just raised prices by 30%. A little nervous about that but they have not changed in over 9 years.
What is your current price per minute and what is you minimum?

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
2$ for 3min wash with .25 for 20 seconds. Vacs are 1$ for 2min. Prices were $1.25 for 4min wash, with .25 being 30 seconds & .75 for 4min on vacs when we got it last May. We have fixed & replaced almost everything & my number is posted by the change machine. I am there at least 4 times a week for a few hours. I give out air fresheners & what not. Business has doubled but it wasn’t much before so I’d like it to continue to rise.

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
I was at 1.75 for 2.5 min and 4.75 for 12 min on my 2 MEGA Wash bays. I just raised to 3.00 for 3 min and $7.50 for 12 min. I do think this will affect a few customers. But in the long run I still believe it will be more profitable and the loss in customers will be made up by the increase in revenue. Time will tell but so far so good.

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
I am in a similar sized market. And have owned my ss 5 bay for over 5 years now. Business has increased each year and I believe the most contributing factor is customer service. Keeping equipment working and clean. Also being present and available. I have my number posted and respond to issues quickly.

Nayax was installed last week to replace our old system. I can now start a bay from my phone if a customer has a problem.

We also just raised prices by 30%. A little nervous about that but they have not changed in over 9 years.

What is your current price per minute and what is you minimum?

How do you remotely start a bay with your nayax we just got ours going and haven't had to yet but it would be very nice to ne able to if a customer had an issue. Thanks

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
How do you remotely start a bay with your nayax we just got ours going and haven't had to yet but it would be very nice to ne able to if a customer had an issue. Thanks
You have to use the Monyx wallet app on your phone. Scan the code on the Nayax reader for each bay. Then you can purchase time when required.

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
Have you added you machines/ car wash bays in the Machines section of Monyx wallet? You do this by scanning each machine and adding them on the app on your phone.

East Adams Car Wash

Reaction score
1. make sure you have your wash bay/machine on the Monyx app
2. long into my.nayax.com and under consumers add a prepaid card - make sure you include you mobile number that you have the Monyx app on
3 under wallet on the monyx app you should see this prepaid card
4. then just select what bay / machine you want to start and pay for it with the prepaid card on the Monyx app