What's new

ACW4 stuck on version number

Keno

Reaction score
Hi group, having issue with an ACW4 that's stuck on version number after turning on power. Was working a couple months back when I tested it. Any suggestions on where to start troubleshooting or what issue might be would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Keno

soapy

Reaction score
I had this problem a couple months ago. I have the controller with the 4 programming buttons on the side. Randy said it was probably the 4 buttons on the side were bad. He sent me a replacement set of buttons that were easy to install and that took care of it.

Keno

Reaction score
I had this problem a couple months ago. I have the controller with the 4 programming buttons on the side. Randy said it was probably the 4 buttons on the side were bad. He sent me a replacement set of buttons that were easy to install and that took care of it.
Thanks for the suggestion, will try to troubleshoot today. I did have one of my guys replace the faceplate in between testing and yesterday, maybe he put it back together incorrectly. Hopefully @Randy will chime in soon

Randy

Reaction score
Turn off the power and try unplugging the 4 button keypad membrane ribbon cable from the main board, if that doesn't clear it try removing the software chip from the main board, wait 30 - 45 seconds and reinstall the chip. You'll have to remove the controller from the ACW to either of these.

Keno

Reaction score
So it seems to be an intermittent problem, today the acw4 was working sometimes. After a low voltage power cycle restart it was hit or miss whether it would start all the way. It was doing 1 of 3 things:

1. Show version 1.01 and get stuck there
2. Show "Baud?" and button pushes did nothing
3. Start and work fully
Turn off the power and try unplugging the 4 button keypad membrane ribbon cable from the main board, if that doesn't clear it try removing the software chip from the main board, wait 30 - 45 seconds and reinstall the chip. You'll have to remove the controller from the ACW to either of these.
I'll give these a shot next time I'm troubleshooting. Had another issue today with the GTO300 gantry getting stuck about 2/3 down the track and wash/gantry stalling out. So will have to look into that.

Randy

Reaction score
So it seems to be an intermittent problem, today the acw4 was working sometimes. After a low voltage power cycle restart it was hit or miss whether it would start all the way. It was doing 1 of 3 things:

1. Show version 1.01 and get stuck there
2. Show "Baud?" and button pushes did nothing
3. Start and work fully

I'll give these a shot next time I'm troubleshooting. Had another issue today with the GTO300 gantry getting stuck about 2/3 down the track and wash/gantry stalling out. So will have to look into that.
It never seems to end!!

Keno

Reaction score
It never seems to end!!
You can say that again! At least I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now...way out in the distance 😆