What's new

ACW4: Please Wait / Wash In Use - No Call from Machine

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
So I arrived at my wash today to find my ACW4 displaying "Please Wait / Wash in Use" and a dry auto bay. Not a good sign!
I at first thought the issue was with the ACW but realized there had been an Impact Switch (LW4000) during the Spot Free pass... happens every now and then when someone will start driving out of the wash bay when the arch returns home to 'dump'.

The frustrating part... I have a dialer on my ACW (not the LW4000) so after an Impact or other fault, when the ACW finally switches from "Wash in Use" to "Out of Service", i'll get a phone call. Today, no call. When I reset the LW4000, the machine indicated 'Drive Forward' - so the ACW had stacked a wash and I'm assuming that for this reason, it never went to 'Out of Service' but rather continued the "Wash in Use" as it would when someone is waiting (after paying).

If there wasn't a stacked wash, would the machine have done it's normal "Out of Service" routine?
Does this make sense?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it seems to me that with a wash in the queue, the 'wash in use please wait' would exist. not sure though.

i would cycle the power on cashier and car wash itself ( for me it is plc and makeup box) and try a wash.