What's new

Acw-5 steals Fives

steve569

Reaction score
I have a Hamilton ACW-5 auto cashier with an Etowah Valley conversion kit that replaces the bill acceptor with a Mars validator. Sometimes it will accept a five dollar bill but will not credit the the customer. It is intermittant. Should I start with the validator or the controller? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Randy

Reaction score
The first thing I'd do is replace the inhibit relay box/harness that comes out of the Mars validator. Be very careful when you plug it in, it can be plugged in backwards, when that happens the smoke will come out of the validator.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Ditto to what Randy says. I've had both of the issues. Sadly, I've had to send not one, but two validators to Randy to have the smoke put back in.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had some issues with Mars validators stealing $5 bills a few years ago - I'm almost certain it was a problem with the bills being cut a tiny bit too wide. it seems like they were off-center enough to get rejected, but the validator couldn't kick it back out so it would cycle into the stacker. I caught it doing it twice, but a lot of customers lost $5 bills in the changer over a few months, then it just stopped.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The first thing I'd do is replace the inhibit relay box/harness that comes out of the Mars validator. Be very careful when you plug it in, it can be plugged in backwards, when that happens the smoke will come out of the validator.
Surely not! :)

BTW, Randy the check for the repair is in the mail.