What's new

ACW 4 Issue

boywonder

Reaction score
I have a ACW 4 that has been acting up. When you push the item button it goes back to reset the welcome prompt or reset the credit prompt if the is credit in the machine. No buttons are stuck closed and have been replaced. Now its not doing this all the time, its very spurattic. We've tried different buttons, different controller with no results. When we ohm across the button blocks they do ohm out, but never does the release button ever come up. To me if the prompts reset it tells me that the controller is getting signal, but nothing to signify a item selection. At this point any help would be appriciated.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Acw

I had a ACW along time ago and it had a wierd problem kinda like yours. It ended up being behind where all the relays are, it is soldered with hard bare wires. the thing would heat up and the wires were close enough to each other that they would heat up and touch each other. Good Luck.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Any additional thoughts on this issue? I've tried swapping controllers, unplugging buttons, even pulled wire harness out for inspection... tonight machine was normal, then customer swiped credit card and it then started the RELEASE BUTTON message. Looking for some new ideas.

thanks.
michael

Randy

Reaction score
RELEASE BUTTON Error

When one of the item selection buttons is held in for an extended period of time this message will appear on the display. Releasing the button should automatically clear this error. If the error does not clear, however, it could indicate a broken or stuck REFUND button or contact block. Dislodge or replace the button or contact block to remedy this error. If the error still does not clear, there may be damage to the Controller.

MichaelGlenn

Reaction score
Update: My issue WAS actually a bad button. I use the newer Goldline buttons. Found the bad button after resetting the machine, the wash associated with this button would scroll on the display. That was what indicated the issue was the button. Hope this helps someone else.