What's new

ACW 4 cryptopay issue!!!!!

cap732000

Reaction score
I just installed cryptopay on my acw 4 everything works fine as it should swipe card verifies press wash selection but it does not start the automatic just says sale approved. Any ideas?

MDrost1

Reaction score
Had that happen once. Make sure all wire connections are solid. That was my issue. A loose spade connection. Is the 24v relay in the acw good? If you can use cash, it probably is.

quackers

Reaction score
We have had acw on unitec ws2's at one site for a couple of years, working good as far as wash hand off after sale is approved. We just installed them at another location with 2 unitec ws2's of similar age and multiple times a day we are getting the "sale approved" screen but it won't start the wash. We have to manually give customer the wash, then power cycle the ws2, then they operate fine for hours and then it happens again. We've tried having cpay slow down the pulses, speed up the pulses, change the input from .25 to 1.00 and nothing seems to remedy the issue. Are there any other folks who have had the issue out there?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Quackers, I do not have cryptopay and therefore don’t know how it ties into the WS? Does it simply send pulses via the coin acceptor input or something similar?

I would be curious if when this problem occurs, does everything such as the bill acceptor and coin acceptor work properly? Next time it happens try dropping a quarter in the acceptor and see if it accepts it without giving credit. If it does I can tell you what the problem is, however there isn’t a bulletproof fix.

quackers

Reaction score
Well we’ve tried using both coin and token inputs. Yes, sends pulses we’ve tried speeding them up and slowing them down with cryptopay tech support, sending them at .25 and $1 inputs. Never have this issue with cash input f any form. Have not tried inputting coin or cash after it freezes on sale approved screen. Will try that next time. Cryptopay support thinks it amounts to a power issue in the acw swiper causing it to shut it self down basically mid stream while approving even though we show steady 24v from the board where it’s wired to we may have to try a alternate wiring by connecting it to the 110v with a relay converted down to 24v if we can’t get it resolved.

JamboWash

Reaction score
Well we’ve tried using both coin and token inputs. Yes, sends pulses we’ve tried speeding them up and slowing them down with cryptopay tech support, sending them at .25 and $1 inputs. Never have this issue with cash input f any form. Have not tried inputting coin or cash after it freezes on sale approved screen. Will try that next time. Cryptopay support thinks it amounts to a power issue in the acw swiper causing it to shut it self down basically mid stream while approving even though we show steady 24v from the board where it’s wired to we may have to try a alternate wiring by connecting it to the 110v with a relay converted down to 24v if we can’t get it resolved.
Apparently i am having the same issue there must be some kind of change Cryptopay has done to effect this, have you found a solution to this problem.

quackers

Reaction score
Can you check config report and see what version software your WSII has? I’ve been comparing settings with our other units which do not have this issue and found that those are on version 5.53 and 5.55 respectively. These two units we have the issue with are both on 5.50. Our distributor for Unitec has some extra chips which are version 5.55 so I think we are going to try swapping one unit out next to see if the problem goes away on that one. Cryptopay says they have not cataloged the software version for other sites with this same problem so I’m hoping others will see this and we can maybe narrow it down to a certain older software version. The black chip should say the version on it as well if you know where to find it on motherboard. Our stacking, relay latching, token settings, etc are all identical otherwise to the other units that don’t have this issue.