What's new

Accuweather Indices

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Accuweather has developed indices for many things eg. UV, Dog Walking,Arthritis,frizz (hair), air quality, etc.,etc.. I was at Penn State at the time these guys started their weather business--now probably the most respected weather business in the world--the various indices are interesting and some just fun. I need use my considerable influence to get a car wash index-- in each case they provide forecasts--for weather it goes out 20 days and at least for our area, they are more accurate than other sources.

try: accuweather.com

Ted

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Thinking some more--it would be nice if we each could enter our car wash ZIP and bring up a 20 day wash index forecast. It would take data for them to build algorithim (model) and then link to their weather models which are probably the best in the world.

Ted

Reds

Reaction score
NOAA has a 7 day forecast at forecast.weather.gov that is based on your zip code. They also have local climate reports that you can get that tell you how many clear, cloudy, or rainy days there have been during any given month. I use them to compare this month's weather to the same month last year when I am doing sales comps. But I am skeptical of any weather forecasts (looking forward). They seem to wrong more than they are right.

Last edited: