What's new

Access Control

bigleo48

Reaction score
I was looking at ways to control access to locked areas (change machines, IBA entry systems), perhaps event doors. But my experience with entry systems are that they are expensive and tedious to maintain.

So I was wondering what you guys do?

One product I saw was the new Medeco ecylinders http://www.medeco.com/en/site/medeco/Technologies/?groupId=907797 They would allow me to give out a key, but control access online. So the key wouldn't open the change machine until I went online and activated the key for say a period of 10 minutes, time for an attendant to fix a bill jamb (I have cameras that would allow me to monitor the event). They would also not be able to get into the wash afterhours unless I allowed it.

Can't find any info on pricing, but it wouldn't require wiring, just change out one the plugs or padlock.

MEP001

Reaction score
I know that some alarm systems allow a separate code for each employee, and that the system logs whenever a code is entered. It won't physically stop someone from entering a changer, but it lets you know exactly who and when.