What's new

A third choice for hand held blow dry?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
In todays mail I received a flyer about XactAirDryer with their website shown:

http://www.xactairdryer.com/index.html

Has anyone checked to see if its performance is similar to CarDry or AirShammie? I checked out both of those when I was in Houston recently but now it looks like there is a third choice. It looks like only 19 amps 110 VAC is required which could be a factor for some of us.

Mike

madscientist

Reaction score
That small nozzle opening will be a big problem. Notice how all 26 pictures show the person blowing water out of a crevice? It would take forever to dry the whole vehicle.

mac

Reaction score
The fact that it pulls 19 amps at 120 volts tells me it is probably undersizes. One of the things I like about the Air Shammy is that they have a version that runs on 240 volts with much stronger motors.

bigleo48

Reaction score
If I were to do it all over again, I would just build it myself as most of the work is in the install. Mine has three side discharge vac motors, three relays (one per motor) hooked up in series, 2" vac hoses, mosmatic air boom and the nozzles. Nothing to them really.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
If I were to do it all over again, I would just build it myself as most of the work is in the install. Mine has three side discharge vac motors, three relays (one per motor) hooked up in series, 2" vac hoses, mosmatic air boom and the nozzles. Nothing to them really.
bigleo48,

Are you using the Mosmatic wall boom or center mount? I notice that an operator can buy an extension to make their standard size longer ... which I think could help it so there is less chance of the hose being over the vehicle dripping on to the vehicle. My bays tend to be about 33 feet long & 18 feet wide so the longer boom seems to make sense.

Mike

bigleo48

Reaction score
I use a wall-boom mount and the boom extension.