What's new

A.T.M.~Freestanding Kiosk Type; Q's

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could anyone with experince with an ATM on the carwash lot please p.m. me to discuss some specifics?

Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have been thru several deals. First and foremost DO NOT do a deal that is a purchase disguised as a lease. If the company goes bust or the machine is garbage you are stuck paying on the lease.

Had one try to get me to do it promising all sorts of rebates. They went bust and I was contacted to see if I had a claim against them. I did not since I didn't do the deal. The third party leasing company would still have to be paid and any prmised rebates would die with the provider.

If you have room you can get one that pays you a traight commission. A friend of mine owns his. If you get enough action on a straight commission deal, after the lease is over you can decide if it is worth the capital expense.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bubbles Galore said:
Why PM? That's not fair. =)
I agree, that's why I turned off my PMs. Almost all of them would ask for more info about something I'd posted when they could (and should) have asked in the related thread. After all, isn't one of the definitions of a forum "an assembly, meeting place... for the discussion of questions of public interest"?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wanted to discuss specific banks, specific rents and figures. That's why I asked for PM's.

Not everyone is comfortable with divulging these type specifics on a public forum.

Thanks to those who pm'd me!

Basically I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not renting space on my cw site to a bank atm is feasible or not, a smart move or not.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am curious about doing the same thing. I have a perfect location for a drive up ATM and would like to hear what some of your PM's said. I don't need any specifics, but are you leaning one way or another?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One person pm'd me.

They said they get $500/mo. rent and that is for an in the wall atm.

I wonder how I go about soliciting banks for this.

What about maintenance?

What about installation costs?

What type lease agreement for the space is the norm?

Lots of variables here, I'm realizing.