What's new

A Post to Bill Pitzer and Members of ACF.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's easy to gripe about things and these days people have more than ever to be unhappy about. I am in no way minimizing this, because I truly feel the pain of others and want to support especially those here; my colleagues.

As a means to this end, I say we create a new heading for posts here. I'm thinking 'energy and utilities savings' but lets hear if anyone else has other ideas.

Bill; what do you think?

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Where/how we do it doesnt matter to me, but as far as the idea goes I'm 100% in. I've chipped away at energy savings at my wash for years, & made good progress - but I have a LONG way to go, & consider it an extremely important endeavor.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I think there are too many categories already. If I had the choice I would lose the following,

Laundromats
Quick-Lube
Self Storage
Australia
Sports

The first three get so little traffic that I think those subjects would be better served if the were in with "General Discussion"

The sports could be lumped in with the car subject. I would name it something like "Cars, sports, and other fun stuff."

If I were to add a category it might be "Political fanatics, wackos, and other mentally questionable individuals." It would be nice to have those nutjobs over in their own corner discussing amongst themselves how superior they are to the rest of us simpletons.

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I am not sure how long it would last but I am always in favor of trying to save $$$$$$. I think it is a good idea to share. I keep doing little things that I think will save but I am running out of ideas.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I.B. I love your suggestion and in the case of Australia I do find it sad that they don't take advantage of the forum, especially when I gave them an area in which they could "get together" with others with "their" particular problems, but such is life.

I do try to group the categories near the top that are used the most. If you remember to click on "New Post" on the menu, you will have a list of just the new post and no reason to wander around looking for the new post.

As for the nut cases, if I discriminated by giving them a special area, I'd probably get sued for not being politically correct. Only the threat of banning keeps them in the one area now. I will say that years ago when I did ban 2 of them, the very same people that bitched about them the most, were the first to jump on me for censorship. A little controversies is needed, and bear in mind as Greg showed you how to "ban" them yourself, I on the other hand have to read EVERY post.

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's great to keep changing, adjusting and innovating.

As far as the political stuff, I read it a little but mostly leave it alone because it doesn't contribute to my purpose. But that's just personal stuff. Glad to have the $$$ saving section!

A dollar saved is like $3 earned.

Saving $$$ on any line item on the p&l is an 'instant raise' for me. Save $3000 on my annual water bill? That's more $$ for Dave. That makes me smile.:D

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bill,

I really think a Petwash forum would be good. AS more and more of us have them, I'm sure it would work (and get more use that some of the other sections). It would also attract petwash owners who may not be in the carwash was business, hence diversifying your readership. It would also allow your sponsors to better target their petwash audience.

BigLeo

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
The political forum is about the same as having a religious forum (I would actually enjoy that more!). I think the political forum is a detriment to this site. I know it keeps many people from both side of the coin from participating in other areas.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I would guess that if Obama wins as predicted there will be even more name calling and alienation between members. I have yet to see anything good come out of the disrespect shown in that area. Since this site is about business, it makes about as much sense as a religious discussion area.