What's new

A New Touchless Option

bigleo48

Reaction score
A few years ago, I started replacing my 'Bug Off' option in my SS bays with a 'Salt Remover' option (neutral pH Presoak) during the winter months. I was actually surprised how much it got used.

So my wife, said "why don't you offer it in the Touchless instead to the Rust Inhibitor we don't use anymore". So now I'm gonna pump out a presoak out of the rust inhibitor manifold with the under-carriage blast and put up a big sign advertising it. I'll be the only one around doing it and I think it should increase customer loyalty and perhaps up-sell some to the top washes.

What do you guys think?

briteauto

Reaction score
Do it!

Any possible way you can up-sell the top packages is a good thing to do. Once a wash already has tri foam, wheel brite, super sealer, underspray, etc., it can be difficult to find more to add - this is perfect.

Let us know how the customers like it.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
A few years ago, I started replacing my 'Bug Off' option in my SS bays with a 'Salt Remover' option (neutral pH Presoak) during the winter months. I was actually surprised how much it got used.

So my wife, said "why don't you offer it in the Touchless instead to the Rust Inhibitor we don't use anymore". So now I'm gonna pump out a presoak out of the rust inhibitor manifold with the under-carriage blast and put up a big sign advertising it. I'll be the only one around doing it and I think it should increase customer loyalty and perhaps up-sell some to the top washes.

What do you guys think?
Can you elaborate with some pictures to show how you are going to apply it?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Can you elaborate with some pictures to show how you are going to apply it?
John,

Just apply it thru the 'rust inhibitor' manifold. In the following picture its on the floor with a red hose feeding it.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Where did you get the manifold? Seems like a good idea and a great marketing strategy.
Came as the 'Rust Inhibitor' option with the PDQ M5. Stopped using Rust Inhibitor as nobody seemed to even notice it and its benefit was dubious at best.

So basically now I will be spraying presoak under the vehicle.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am planning the same but the product has to be right.

I wouldn't spray a soap up under the car without rinsing. a light wax maybe but not a presoak (even if it says rust inhibitor).

I plan to do mine with something that protects but not a soap up under the car that goes unrinsed.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Man...I wish I had guts enough to cut a notch across my floor to counter sink a line in like that. I'm afraid I would hit a floor heat line.

Gabriel

Reaction score
This is a great promotional idea and you have done a super job of presenting it to your customers and future customers. Also your Wash is very well laid out, looks clean and inviting. Good example of how it should be done.

Mr. Clean

Reaction score
Ric, It seems that a small "ramp" could sandwich a surface pipe and act as a speed bump as well. Most people fly over the underflush and get minimal benefit from it.

bigleo48

Reaction score
5 years without a problem. I hope to be adding another touchless this year and will be getting another set.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of them (There's a similar setup on our Vector). I'm sure it has a bigger benefit on vehicles with heavy dirt on the rockers or in areas where roads are treated with salt, but all I see it do is wet the vehicle prior to the presoak application and diluting it. I've been thinking about removing them and adding some sort of tire cleaner application.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
If you do take it out I think it would be good to put it after the wash if there is room. I think it would be good as part of a high pressure rinse.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I agree with MEP (and they are just like the Vector). I guess its a perception thing. Up here in the north, people look for this option in the winter. However, the rest of the year, its benefit is dubious at best. But people really like it.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
We have to shovel the dirt off the floor in the area of them on a regular basis. In the winter they help to knock off the snow and ice build up on the lower portion of the vehicle. It depends on your location/climate as to whether you need these. My customers would "speak up" if the "spinners" were not working.