What's new

A New $1 Dollar Bill?

Kevin James

Reaction score
I talking to Iowa Changers the other day and I was informed that the BEP is going to change the $1 Dollar bill maybe as early as this fall. Has anyone else heard of this? Now that everything accepts the new $5 now we?ll have to do it again with a new $1 Dollar bill.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I can't believe they don't stop printing it, and stick to the coin, we need acceptors that have the learning capability, to run a bill thru and just learn it.

John

Skipper Jack

Reaction score
Whale of a wash said "I can't believe they don't stop printing it, and stick to the coin"

...Because if we did that, we would be copying the Canadians. And, before you know it, working class people would have bureaucratic, but universal health care.

MEP001

Reaction score
There are still no plans to change the $1 bill. The next bill to be redesigned will be the $100 bill.

trentu

Reaction score
There are still no plans to change the $1 bill. The next bill to be redesigned will be the $100 bill.
Which we will need to start accepting if the value of the dollar doesn't stop falling!! :)

Randy

Reaction score
Yes there are some changes coming to the $1 Bill. They are NOT! going to change the design of the $1 bill. The US Bureau of Printing and Engraving is going to add some more security measures to the bill and change the way in which the $1 bill is printed. How they are going to affect the acceptance into a bill validator no one is sure at this point. This change could take place as early as this fall.