What's new

A Free WCA Full Registration for the 28th Convention & Trade Show Available

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
One of my customers won this WCA Full Convention Registration at the Forum dinner in Las Vegas during the ICA Show. His plans got changed at this late date, so he sent it to me to find someone who can go to the WCA show, Oct 5-7, 2009 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Time is short to get hotels booked, plans made, and the registration sent to the staff at WCA. This registration is worth $299 if you book the registration by September 21, 2009.

We will put the name of anyone who can use this Full Convention Registration in a drawing and see who is the lucky person. So, send a private message to me on the forum with your name and an email address so we can notify the WCA and you that the registration is in your name. Names will be accepted until September 20, 2009, the drawing will be on September 21, 2009, and the winner notified on September 21.

Hope to see many of you at the WCA Convention in Booth #648.

Uncle Sam :)

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
The winner of the FREE WCA registration for the show coming up Oct 5-7 in Las Vegas was::::Randy Nix

Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
I.B.,

Careful now!! You didn't put your name in the hat to have a shot. You can believe me when I say that no one other than Randy even tried!!! Very disappointing from my point of view.

Uncle Sam

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm sure he was joking.

I'd suggest using the General sub-forum for future giveaways - I doubt many people even read this section.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I.B.,

Careful now!! You didn't put your name in the hat to have a shot. You can believe me when I say that no one other than Randy even tried!!! Very disappointing from my point of view.

Uncle Sam
Yeah, it's just me pickin at my ole buddy Randy. It's kinda the "haves vs the have nots". The "haves" like Randy always seem to get more. Poor ole me falls into the "have nots" category. My name would have been in the hat if I had found enough change in the vac dirt to go to Vegas. I'm glad the ICA show is a month later this year so I have more time to pick through it. Anybody want to donate?

BTW, I agree with MEP. You should have posted this in the "General" section.

MEP001

Reaction score
I.B. Washincars said:
Anybody want to donate?
Sure, I'll send you my vac dirt. I don't go through it for change.

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
"Gentlemen"

When ever a new thread is started it appears on the "Home Page" as a new topic in big, bold lettering for all to see for 2-3 days. We all know our car wash customers don't read anything; could this "disease" be catching?

Uncle Sam

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I doubt that anyone pays much attention to the home page other than it's just an obstacle on the way to the forum page. Regarding the forum page, if I were to venture a guess, I would say many never scroll lower than the Self Serve section.

MEP001

Reaction score
I never go to the "Home Page" at all; I bookmark the forum directly. On this particular forum I read all the threads in all the sub-forums, but on other forums I frequent I only enter the sub-forums of topics that have direct interest to me.

Another thought would be to mail a postcard to each of your customers notifying them of the contest and directing them here to sign up and enter for the free pass. People People often use the "Build it and they will come" approach to car washes - have you perhaps caught this disease?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
All you need to do is click on "New Post" and you see all of the new ones since you last logged in.

Smart people always find the gold. Speaking of freebies, I have 4 one month trial subscription to NetFlix. You can't have been a member before or tried one of these, email me for one. The first 4 early birds will get the worm:)

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
MEP,

This wasn't my contest; one of my customers had planned to go but at the last minute wanted someone to use the freeby. I had 10 days to put it together. Snail mail won't work like that.

If you have followed my Users Group over the years you would know that I don't do "Build it and they will come" type of operation. I have asked for feedback on many of my projects before I even begin to "pull the trigger" on building.

Uncle Sam