What's new

A better unloader

cmawash

Reaction score
we have had outstanding luck with General pump k7 series by pass unloaders, these units are outstanding

MEP001

Reaction score
I have been using this unloader on my High Velocities
https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-1780-kleen-rite-balanced-pressure-regulator.aspx
These things dont last more then a few months, they start ****ing out the top of the adjuster. Has anyone found a better unloader? Something that will last a year or more? Thanks for any help.
I've been using those for years including as a distributor, and I've never seen one fail in such a short time. Have you taken one apart or tried to rebuild it? Are the o-rings failing or is the brass around the seat under the poppet eroding?

pgrzes

Reaction score
I've been using those for years including as a distributor, and I've never seen one fail in such a short time. Have you taken one apart or tried to rebuild it? Are the o-rings failing or is the brass around the seat under the poppet eroding?
I dont bother messing with them. I rebuilt one or two of them and didnt seem to be worth the time to rebuild them. I run my machines at 1150 on hp passes and about 750 on conserve passes, two machines and both of them go through these things continually 3-6 months.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Something doesn't sound right. That looks like the stock unloader that PDQ uses..can't remember the manufacturer name. But like MEP said, they usually last for years. Then when they do start to leak its usually just the LP o-ring. I like them so much I was going to try them in place of the $300 Giant Unloader on my other machines.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's a General Pump regulator. That's their part number on Kleen-Rite's site under Mfr. Model #. I've replaced quite a few bigger and much more expensive unloaders with them and they've always held up fine. I even replaced the popoff on the Vector ($250) with this regulator and it's working better than the popoff ever did.

FWIW, there's no reason to use an umloader in this application since there's not on most machines a need for the pump to run with no flow.