What's new

5 gallon or drum?

APW

Reaction score
What do most of you use for your IBA, five gallon bucket or drums of chemicals?

Kirb

Reaction score
55 gallon drums. It's way more cost effective but a pain to move.

MEP001

Reaction score
I mix an ultra-concentrate with a strong touch-free presoak in an empty drum.

APW

Reaction score
I have a small pump room. My automatic is in the same room as my ss. My room is 8x20. I guess I'll have to see how tight it is after everything is installed.

Kirb

Reaction score
I also have a small pump room. When I added my auto I had to move SS equipment. Try to get as much as you can mounted on wall to open up floor space.

Gabriel

Reaction score
We stopped using 55 gallon drums 12 years ago. Water is expensive to ship and 55 gallon drums are hard to handle if you have several automatics. I personally like a powder mix set up, 5 gallon pail concentrates and 30 gallon drums for surfactants. Never want to handle another 55 gallon drum.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I think you also need to consider usage in figuring what is best for you. I totally agree on the 55 gallon drum. They are difficult to handle and take up a lot of room. However if it takes longer than 3 months to use a 30 gallon you need to consider a smaller size. Remember you have paid for that drum long before it is consumed so the is money just sitting there that you have already spent. Unless the cost per gallon is really much higher a smaller size might be the best choice.