What's new

5 gallon bucket of quarters

MEP001

Reaction score
CRHAMEL said:
How come you dont work at CWR anymore????
The previous owner died. I'm sure you already knew that.

CRHAMEL said:
Give me a Credit Card# cost for us to thread 4 pieces of pipe
You said you'd call for one when it was ready.

CRHAMEL said:
That's twice what you originally quoted me.

MEP001

Reaction score
dricke63@ said:
I roll my own then put them in a ammo box. Each row holds 100.00 and you can get 700.00 in a box. Yep its heavy
A friend of mine has to take his to the bank in plastic bags of $1,000. He hasn't had one rip open yet, but he has to worry every trip that it will happen. I'd sure hate to be out in a bank parking lot picking up 4,000 quarters off the ground.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
A friend of mine has to take his to the bank in plastic bags of $1,000. He hasn't had one rip open yet, but he has to worry every trip that it will happen. I'd sure hate to be out in a bank parking lot picking up 4,000 quarters off the ground.
Tell your friend to ask the bank if they would do this.
My bank told me I had to do the same thing with the plastic see-thru bags.
I told them it was a security risk to me to walk through the parking lot to the bank with see-thru bags.
They agreed.
They said when I brought the quarters in using the cloth bags they would transfer the money into plastic bags inside the bank and give me back the cloth bags the next time I came in.
We've been doing this for a year.

MEP001

Reaction score
He did, they said no. They only accept them in sealed bags, which they send off to be counted elsewhere. They won't handle them at all otherwise. They did tell him he could carry his gun in with him when he brings them in, but he doesn't.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have the same plastic bags but I carry them, and the script, into the bank in a LL Bean zipper top boat tote bag.

Shane

Reaction score
We do basically the same thing. We put the clear bag of quarters in a back pack. Although, it's still pretty noticable when you walk in with 50 pounds of quarters in a back pack. You don't really walk "naturally". You definately look like you're carrying something heavy like money or lead weights from your morning workout.

I have the same plastic bags but I carry them, and the script, into the bank in a LL Bean zipper top boat tote bag.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I got the same treatment at my bank. I either bring them in rolled or sealed in the clear plastic bag. I had $1000 in a bag and put them in a backpack to take them to the bank.
The strap broke and dropped everything on the ground, thankfully everything held. Once I got in there, none of the girls could lift the bag, so I was told I can only bring in $500 in each bag. What a PITA!