What's new

4000 ABB speed controller problem

sterlingh20

Reaction score
A hose broke and sprayed water on the control panel for the laserwash 4000. It damaged the VT board, so I replaced it, the CPU works fine but the ABB speed controller says FL 17 which in the instructions says "analog input out of range, check AI level" What could be the problem with it, I can't move the bridge with the joystick.

Last edited:

lag

Reaction score
I am shooting from the hip. You should 10VDC coming from the cpu to the ABB ,just follow the cable from the controller to the ABB ( it will be grouped with the cables on the big plug to the controller) ,and take a voltage reading on the ABB ,you should have 10 VDC on those terminals.

A little bit of a disclaimer .I have had O VDC before ,and it will run ,but very slowly,so you may have an internal short giving the fault. (just a guess)

Mike

Reaction score
No a contactor will not cause that
As stated above you need to see what the voltage on the wires from the CPU are reading when they are unhooked from ABB. If the machine is idle you should have approx 0 VDC if you are trying to move the machine it should read about 9vdc. If it is in this range the ABB will need replacement.
Please give me a call if you need further help.
Mike