What's new

3 Way 24v Solenoid on GinSan LP System

MDrost1

Reaction score
Folks,

I am wondering other people have their 24v 3 way solenoid in their GinSan LP systems.

When someone activates a bay, a 24v solenoid opens(3 way I believe) that allow the air to pass through to my Flojets.

However, the air feeding the "solenoid blocks" is t'ed in a way that air is always on the solenoid blocks. The air that feeds the solenoid blocks bypasses the 24v air solenoid? Should both flojet air and "air solenoid blocks" on the LP system be plumbed so as to have the air shut off and on by the 24v solenoid?

I am wondering how other people have this plumbed and what the pros or cons are to having both flojets and solenoid blocks receiving air from this 24v 3 way solenoid? Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
The only purpose the 3-way solenoid serves is to relieve the air pressure on the Flojets when fluid isn't called for. I don't see any benefit in supplying solenoids with another solenoid, in fact I don't think it will work if you have tire cleaner, presoak and air all on one check valve at the boom. There needs to be air pressure on the tire cleaner air solenoids to keep the presoak air from pushing back through the tire cleaner air solenoids and through the 3-way solenoid open to atmosphere.

MDrost1

Reaction score
Thanks...that makes sense. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. However, it is nice to know the reason why it is set up that way.