What's new

3 Column Laurel Problem

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1 year old vendor has a 'dead' button. the strip inside has 5 buttons and 4 beep when pressed and the proper ones dispense product as normal. One button, far right hand one, does zilcho when depressed.

Any ideas?

Randy

Reaction score
It sounds like the strip is damaged or worn out. I think your going to have to replace the strip. Have you called the manufacture and talked to him?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no not yet.

can't see it being worn out on a machine so new as well as the button for the least popular selection!

Randy

Reaction score
Roger that "$h!+ happens"

The switch pad is very delicate and is easily damaged. I?ve seen them ruined when they were gouged with key or a sharp object. You need Kleen-Rite #LP89920 costs $14.50 and takes all of about 5 minutes to replace. Buy 2 then you'll have a spare.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Waxman,

This happened to us about 6 months ago. Most likely you will have the reaonably priced touchpad within a day or so because of your location. It happened to us on a Friday so I temporarily made it so only one button did not work but the rest did. I mitigated the situation by carefully cutting the flat copper lead to the visibly discernable partially damaged part. The clear gap was needed. Better than having out of order completely was just one selection clearly labeled & pinpointed as out of order. Hope this helps. At the time KR did not have all the parts listed if I remember right. Laurel is usually very good to work with so if you need to call them usually they try to say & do what is right.

Our damaged switch was in a closed position so the whole machine was down different from your description. At first it was just finicky so this could happen to yours too so I wouldn't wait to order the part.