What's new

2015 ICA Show pics or Videos

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Would somebody be ever so kind to post some videos or pics of the equipment there at the show, let us know what you liked disliked and maybe throw in some pricing in there as well purty please.

soapy

Reaction score
The show seemed well attended. ICA is very strict about not letting anyone take videos or pictures on the trade show floor. There was a lot to see this year compared to recent years. Everyone I talked to thought it seemed bigger than last years show. A lot of stuff on the credit cards by many vendors but in reality the SS carwash really does not have to worry about the chip card or buying new readers. If I saw one thing at the show that stood out to me it was a new very thick wash foam material that Belanger was displaying. It turns in slow motion compared to all other friction materials. I can't say if it will clean better or worse. It is not yet available for roll over automatics.

mac

Reaction score
Don't have any pics or video, but the camera ban seemed non existent. Everyone was filming, except me. I thought the show was really good. There seemed to be serious buyers stopping by the booth I was at (Istobal). People were impressed by the fact that Istobal now has a two year warranty on parts for everything it sells. The only real downer was trying to find Jackson at the show. The ICA did a remarkable job of hiding his booth. And while Vegas is nice, it sure does feel good to be back home.

Kirb

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good specials from the show that we could take advantage of if we didn't attend this year? Usually I see the Kleenrite specials from someone that went but no luck this year.

Thanks,
Kirb

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I didn't ask, but K/R always gives free freight to show attendees that visited their booth. It's usually good til the end of the following week.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
A lot of stuff on the credit cards by many vendors but in reality the SS carwash really does not have to worry about the chip card or buying new readers.
Soapy,

I respectfully disagree ... especially for those of us who only have self service wand style car wash bays which I feel has different considerations than bigger ticket forms of automatic washing & detail offerings. I think is makes sense to at least allow more time for a more "fail safe" approach before self service bay operators make the extra investment in card readers initially or as an upgrade. In other words it may be premature to do so ... in my opinion.

You won't get this information from companies at the car wash show & otherwise selling the current credit card card readers & format .... but Target & others are not going to the chip-pin receptors because of individual fraud occurrences to individual isolated purchases. Most USA vendors & the USA banks are willing to absorb those lesser costs. The bigger picture appears to be from what I have gathered is the liability from the weakest link from the "magnetic strip only" credit card ... is from the greater risk costs ... from providing a path for identity theft etc that would not occur for chip-pin. Why would us smaller ticket coin operated device owners or any other industry not be included in the greater liability concern while all other vendors will have that prevention responsibility shifted to them.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Took advantage of show specials but don't know if you can get them after the Show.

Mr. Foamer, TSS, and Custom Fresheners - got 10% off my orders totaling just under $15K or $1500 savings.

soapy

Reaction score
mjwalsh.... you disagree with me then you state the exact same thing as me? I am a SS operator and have no plans to buy different readers. Mag stripe readers will be around for a long time according to industry speakers at the show. As stated at the show you have a better chance of being hit by a meteor than you do from having to absorb a bad charge on a Credit card. There was manufacturer of the new chip card readers at the show and he stated that current chip card readers will not work in a SS bay environment because if they get wet they will not read the card. What are the chances that a reader would get wet in a SS bay? I think very likely but if you want to spend money for new chip card readers anyway that is your choice.

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
The show was good, no pictures or video. A pretty good crowd and people seemed to be in a spending mood. I usually wait a few days after the show before I order what I think I'll need for the next year.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Trade show was well organized. My legs were much less tired than in years past.

I spent over half my time in meetings and vacation with wife so I didn’t get to see a lot.

However, my sense was there were more people with deeper pockets and “buying.”

For example, several of my clients bought systems at the show. I even booked an assignment with someone I shared a cab with. LOL

Best in show was probably Belanger’s new robotic looking tunnel rack then MacNeil 38’ mini-tunnel. Was told slow wash material is patented. It feels and looks great.

I didn’t find anyone selling POP/WAUW.

Great new wand stuff like meter boxes with token dispenser for free vacuum, tire shine applicator, hot wax, loyalty program, CC acceptors, etc.

Istobal probably had best in-bay showing, now partnering with Monkey Shine franchise.

I’m looking forward to next show.

waterway

Reaction score
Anything with WashWorld?
The profile max is suppose to ship soon. Still weren't officially taking orders but they were confident they will start shipping them this year. They only come with a free standing blower and they added some zero degree nozzles on the wheel brush arms. I believe six on each side.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good specials from the show that we could take advantage of if we didn't attend this year? Usually I see the Kleenrite specials from someone that went but no luck this year.

Thanks,
Kirb
I have the flyer at home, it's good for a week after the show so maybe til Friday? I'll scan it and provide a link this evening.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Hope the deals are still active, I haven't placed my order yet.

Etowah