What's new

2010 Jeep Wrangler driver's mirror fell off in my wash

madstack

Reaction score
The mirror's fine but the aluminum mount was all corroded and crumbling and broke where the mirror was inserted. Is that issue common with that model?

MC3033

Reaction score
There was a recall on some model years for the corrosion but they blamed it on heat mirrors. I think it was 2013/2014 (this is all from memory so might be wrong)

I’ve seen it a few times but not on heated mirrors.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
That is one reason why I have a 10 year Old disclaimer. About 10 years ago I reviewed 40 mirror repair invoices from 4 locations. I think 36 of them were 10 years old or older. Some 14, 16, 18 or more years older.

I figured why should I be buying brand new stuff to replace 10 year old stuff.

Since that time I may pay for 4 mirrors a year across 4 locations.

SCWSMatt

Reaction score
Agree with poster above. Having a 10 year disclaimer has stopped a lot of claimed for older body parts.

I tell customers, i just can't guarantee the quality of automobile accessories/trim after that amount of time. Even if garaged, these parts get hot/cold thousands of times in 10 years.

Sometimes those parts are very cheap and I can just fix them myself, depends on the customer and hot they treat me. If they're very nice and a good customer, I'll buy them a $25 mirror and install it rather than lose their wash club business.